Moroso or Williams, We carry both.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Really ...... What application ??
Both times I tried them it was 23 deg BBC with shaft rockers. Both times had to mill the pan rail. The ones from billet fab go right on no problems. The upper rail is completely different and clears everything. And the rail is very thick and sturdy.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/68...&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CJXRt_bmgcACFYZaMgodTy0AXA

http://www.billetfab.com/valve-covers-3/

they don't show them inverted. that would really show the difference. but you can see how the upper rail is made differently.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I have a set of Williams here that I only used for mock up. They are plain covers without any fill holes or fittings installed. If your interested let me know.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
My preference, if they are available for the head I have, are cast aluminum. Less expensive than fab, have never had a fitment issue or clearance issue, and they SEAL. Fabbed covers look nice for sure, but it's hit or miss with them unless you spend some decent coin on a quality set....Billet are awesome but pricey.....and all but the cast ones are easily scratched......just my half of a cent.....

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
I bought a set of those cheap shit fabricated valve covers from Skip White on Ebay $79.00 at the time. Billet rail, real nice looking welds, no holes so I could put the breathers where I wanted them, very light weight, anodizing that's hard as diamonds and came with nice hardware. Yeah I know they're China made junk but compared to my last set of Moroso's that cost 4 times as much they're like comparing a Rolex to Timex. You know where you pay a Rolex price but get Timex quality. 4 different sets, four different engines, not one seconds trouble from any of them. Here's a shot of my engine out of my truck with a set on it. The engine's out so I can fix the Moroso oil pan that has a nine inch long crack all the way across the rear of the sump.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
I had a set of the ones mentioned above, pretty nice especially for the price.

Not to get off topic but wood you care to share any details on that big block and the truck? I'm helping a buddy build a '75 Chevy drag truck...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts