Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam kind of clueless. What is the best one for personal protection and the best place to get one?

Thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
Tim go to Lee's Gun and Pawn in Margate, right across the street from Margate Lincoln Mercury. Ask for Lee, has has a ton of stuff in stock and is extreamly reasonable!

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Iam kind of clueless. What is the best one for personal protection and the best place to get one?

Thanks
Although I don't have one, I really like the 23. It's .40 cal. and is a mid-size. Should be easy enough to conceal, and pack enough punch to do the job. The 27 is .40 cal. and is smaller, sub-compact. Go to your local gun store or shooting range and check them out. Much easier to decide if you can get your hands on them, or even better if you can shoot them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a G26 and love it. If your going to carry it a lot I'd suggest a G27 and like the other guys said can't got wrong with the G23. I personally feel plenty safe having 10+1 rounds of 9mm but some other guys feel much safer with .40. If it's just staying in the home and being used for home protection I'd almost go with a .45. Really depends how much target practice you want to do with it as the bigger the round generally the more it cost to shoot.

·
102,312 Posts
Go see which one of the Glocks you like the feel for best, give a test run, and go from there.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
glock 27 and 23 here. Both are great guns.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like my guns made out of metal. Not plastic and moon beans.

Some love them. Some hate them. Just not a glock fan.

1911 now thats an all American weapon

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glock 19 here, it's a nice medium size gun and with 15 rounds + 1 of 9mm it's more than enough to get the job done.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What's your shooting experience? That matters a lot, though it won't change my recommendation

If you're new, get a 9mm Glock. It will work as well as .40, 357, or .45 with good hollowpoints, so don't let the gun store clerk or anyone else try to tell you it's not good enough. Additionally, 9mm ammo is considerably less costly than all the others, and the recoil is a lot lower. This will enable you to shoot more accurately and will not create some of the newbie bad habits associated with recoil, such as anticipation of the recoil. The lower cost of ammo will allow you to practice more and get better.

If you're not new, still get the 9mm Glock. A 9mm that hits the same vital area as a .45 will do almost exactly the same damage. Besides, the only way one shot is gonna stop someone 100% is a direct hit to the medulla oblongata of the brain, the body's control center. Without it, you can't survive. Any other hit is possibly survivable, at least long enough to kill you.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,737 Posts
Go see which one of the Glocks you like the feel for best, give a test run, and go from there.
X10.. Never buy a model gun you've never shot. Go to a store with a range in it. The best shooting gun in your hand can be the worst shooting one in my hand.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts