Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend wants to lift their 2012 Toyota 4-Runner. Just like 2-3" maybe. I haven't done any of that crap for 40 years and really don't like to mess with it. I told them I would ask around as to what is the best/easiest and least intrusive method.

They want to be able to put a larger tire on it so if you know of a lift/tire combo that worked well, please share.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should read looking for advice

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
My brother lifted his 4runner and I believe used all factory tundra/Tacoma parts. The factory truck parts lifted his runner around 4" I believe. His is an early 2000s so might not be the same. The truck parts were all a direct bolt on and I will try to figure out exactly what he used etc

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brother lifted his 4runner and I believe used all factory tundra/Tacoma parts. The factory truck parts lifted his runner around 4" I believe. His is an early 2000s so might not be the same. The truck parts were all a direct bolt on and I will try to figure out exactly what he used etc
Oh wow! That sounds pretty cool. I you could find that information, I would sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
20170417_165400.jpg
What he remembers is he used springs from a Tundra and the struts were from a Land Cruiser. These were all bolt in parts and lifted it something like 3 or 4 inches. If I can find more info I will post it here. This is what it looks like

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
My daughter was 8 at the time and she hid Easter eggs for me. Hmmm I wonder where she hid them.....LOL

·
I kill parts
10,048 Posts
'12 would be a 5th gen, rather different animal from a 3rd gen. - My ex wife's 4th gen has Billstein 5200 struts up front with the adjustable spring mounts and 2" spacers in rear; sitting on 20x10's with 33's.

Anything over 1.5-2" will require a full lift, meaning aftermarket lift spindles up front plus diff drop brackets. Rear is coil spring and there are a few options on coils and/or spacers, plus correspondingly longer shocks.

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'12 would be a 5th gen, rather different animal from a 3rd gen. - My ex wife's 4th gen has Billstein 5200 struts up front with the adjustable spring mounts and 2" spacers in rear; sitting on 20x10's with 33's.

Anything over 1.5-2" will require a full lift, meaning aftermarket lift spindles up front plus diff drop brackets. Rear is coil spring and there are a few options on coils and/or spacers, plus correspondingly longer shocks.
Thanks JP!

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 110369 What he remembers is he used springs from a Tundra and the struts were from a Land Cruiser. These were all bolt in parts and lifted it something like 3 or 4 inches. If I can find more info I will post it here. This is what it looks like
Thank you!

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you haven't yet, hit the off road 4 runner forums. Depending on how high they want to go with it, you should find good info from personal experience.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,882 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts