Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in doing something like this? Looking to add some N/A BB combos into the mix for 2012...

This is a heads up class designed for any passenger vehicle from any major manufacturer. These cars are limited to a maximum cubic inch limit of 440 cubic inches (Small Blocks Only). BB N/A to be determined.

BODY
Fiberglass/Carbon body panels are limited to hood, rear deck lid, and bumpers. Cowl hoods may not be taller than half way point of the windshield. Forward facing scoops are prohibited on power adder combos unless factory installed.

INTERIOR
Aftermarket steering columns are allowed. Factory type dash accepted.

ELECTRICAL
Optical devices are prohibited. All entries must have operational head lights and tail lights.

ENGINE
Aftermarket blocks and cylinder heads are allowed. All entries must utilize a single carburetor cast intake manifold. Motor plates and solid mounts are allowed. Engine must be in stock location. Mufflers are required on all vehicles (except turbos). All engines are limited to 440 cubic inches. Any engine in question will be measured with a P&G gauge. A correction factor of 1.5% will be used. Competitors may be asked to remove a cylinder head for bore and stroke measurements should any discrepancies arise.

POWER ADDERS
Nitrous - Progressive nitrous controllers are allowed. Entries must utilize a single stage nitrous plate with one nitrous, one fuel and one redundant purge solenoid. Foggers must be disconnected and all solenoids must be capped off. Nitrous plates using fogger nozzles are not allowed.

Turbo and supercharged entries are limited to stock valve angle only. (SB CHEVY 23 DEGREE - SB FORD 20 DEGREE – 18 DEGREE MOPAR - FACTORY HEADED SMALL BLOCK FORD MOD MOTOR) No boosted entry may have open hole or device to direct air into turbo or supercharger.

TRANSMISSION
Any OEM style automatic or OEM manual transmission is allowed with power adder. Clutch assisted/clutchless manual transmission allowed on N/A. Manual transmissions must utilize SFI approved bell housing.

R SUSPENSION:
Stock type rear suspension only. Coil over shocks are allowed. Anti-roll allowed. Aftermarket replacement control arms are allowed. Stock frame rails must be in place, notching permitted. (N/A cars/trucks permitted ladder bar suspension)

WHEELS/TIRES:
A maximum of a 28 x 10.5 non W slick or 275 radial may be used. Wheel width is limited to 12"

NITROUS WEIGHTS:
Base weight - 3200
All heads 14.9 and under - 3250
Any canted valve head - 3250
All heads 15 degrees and above carry no additional weight
Any 23 degree combo - 3000
Blue Thunder Cylinder Heads - 3300
Any 20 degree ford - 3000

SUPERCHARGER WEIGHTS:
F1A-3200
F1C - 3250
YSI – 3250

TURBO WEIGHTS:
T-76 - 3150
T-80 - 3200

N/A WEIGHTS:
N/A Inline head – 2700
N/A Non-Inline head - 2800

GENERAL:
No Billet cylinder heads
No Billet wheels on turbo or supercharged combo
No Reducers on turbo or supercharged combo
Boosted cars may not use alcohol or any oxygenated fuels (Q16 etc)
All turbos and superchargers must be as manufactured from factory
Gear driven supercharger allowed
Leaf springs deduct 100lbs
4150 carb on N/A deduct 50lbs
V6 entries deduct 200lb

·
6,384 Posts
I think you would get a healthy car count in the MIR area John....it would be awesome to see another heads up program at the creek!

·
Registered
341 Posts
isnt this ultimate rules?....the only car i see fitting this class is mike berry in his na big block chevell. what would the cubic inch be?

i can see some guys dropping out of x275 for this class...what do you think it will do for car count for both classes?

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Duct tape to cover the hole in the bumper-Check

Switch blower over to a F1C-Check

Buy C16 instead of Q - Check

Grab that set of Highports in Matt's garage-Check

Take 70lbs. out of car-Check

Let's do this homey!!!! What's the class name? :p

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought you guys would find this interesting!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Duct tape to cover the hole in the bumper-Check

Switch blower over to a F1C-Check

Buy C16 instead of Q - Check

Grab that set of Highports in Matt's garage-Check

Take 70lbs. out of car-Check

Let's do this homey!!!! What's the class name? :p
No green car allowed LOL!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
.......my car wouldnt be legal because of a fiberglass front end & doors........but would like to compete in it.

What would the projected et's be 5.40's......then were would this class be a year or two......5.0's.......have to becarefull of that. Rules would have to be put in place from the begining in order to "control the class". I admire the guys that can tweak on a combo to get the most out of it, but if this class starts out running 5.30's.....it wont be long before it turns into 5.0's again.

The word "afordable" & "heads up" shouldnt be used in the same sentence.......but propper rule making could make that happen.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im down as long as i can run my factory efi system

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
.......my car wouldnt be legal because of a fiberglass front end & doors........but would like to compete in it.

What would the projected et's be 5.40's......then were would this class be a year or two......5.0's.......have to becarefull of that. Rules would have to be put in place from the begining in order to "control the class". I admire the guys that can tweak on a combo to get the most out of it, but if this class starts out running 5.30's.....it wont be long before it turns into 5.0's again.

The word "afordable" & "heads up" shouldnt be used in the same sentence.......but propper rule making could make that happen.
Missed the f/g doors not being legal...puts me out too.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The doors and fenders aren't a deal breaker.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am going to suggest to Marco that this is the class that we need up here in New England to feed the X275 program. Way more of our cars fit these rules than X, and when the drivers are ready they can step up into the X.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts