Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read a few older posts about people using them but no detail on how exactly they are doing it. I am planning on going with terminator system. I am getting a new motor 582 BBC with BMF heads so it should get my car down to 8.3-.4 range. But I dont want to always be running the car full out I would like to run 9.0 be easy on the motor get a lot of life hopefully. I have a call out to James Munroe already just wainting on him getting back to me. Any help or examples would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i had the terminator and used james for all tuning suggestions...he is the best in the business and more than helpful to assist you..wait on his return call!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks talked to him a while ago. He said the same thing biondo or K and R performance which he liked a little better and use a delay box to get it all together.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I use a linkage style. Although it can be used as a throttle stop, I only use it as a starting line enhancer. Push a bump button and the pedal falls to the floor. Roll into the staging bulbs. As soon as the top bulb lights up, I release the transbrake and the SLE lets the linkage go to WOT. I've never even tried to use it as a throttle stop yet but it should be fine. The throttle stop and SLE rpm would have to be the same though unless you used a dual cylinder style and a delay box that could control both individually.

I'm not sure how well a plate style would work with a mechanical injection system. The barrel valve will still be wide open when the plate closes.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't have any pics of my throttle linkage with the TS on. I have a solid linkage that I take out and replace with the ts when I need to put it on. Do you use a cable or solid type linkage?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would like to do something similar. I want one so that when I'm on the t-brake I'm only at about half throttle and when the brake is released it goes wide open. Trying to keep the barrel valve from being fulling open when its not needed.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am looking to switch to a rod type linkage, simialar to what you pictures. Just cant visualize how the TSTOP would have to mount. I guess I am better with pictures!! :)
My throttle stop becomes the linkage. I remove the solid rod and bolt in the ts to the foot feed linkage and the butterfly linkage. I use an air activated ts. The small box mounted on the firewall feed air to the ts. 2 air hoses attach to the ts for opening and closing the linkage when activated. This is the one I use.

http://www.acddragparts.com/9100-1.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts