Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Yellowbullet phucksticks LOL, its almost Superbowl time and I am getting things ready for the big game which hopefully will involve a certain team, from a certain city, starting with the letter "C", ending in an "O" and in the middle is hicag. A certain team known as.... DA BEARSSSSSSSSSSSS.

With that being said, I am not trying to turn this into a whos gonna kick whos ass in the games. What I am doing is I am to make some good wings. Now there is a joint around my neck of the woods that used to make the best Hot Garlic Buffalo Wings and thats what I am aiming to make. So, who's got a good breaded wing recipe??? I am certain that I can figure out my own sauce with the garlic and what not but if you have one similar, lets here it. Gots to make wings to go with the big game and I am certain I will not be the only one here so lets here em.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
fresh chicken tenders
all purpose flour
paprika
cayenne pepper
1 bottle franks buffalo sauce
salt

mix 2 cups flour
1tsp paprika
1tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp salt
put these ingredients in a plastic freezer bag

cut up tenders into bite size pieces and place in bag to be breaded

when tenders are coated place them on greased cooking sheet and place in fridge for 1 hour

when the tenders come out of the fridge need to cook for 5 min on 375 in a deep fryer

after chicken is done place in a bowl with a lid and pour in some buffalo sauce shake well and serve

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
honestly i make the simplest wings you can make and they rival any i have ever had in a restaurant....

chicken wing drummetts lightly seasoned with salt and pepper....cook in a deep frier until golden brown and then toss with some Moore's wing sauce...incredible

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would Gator's be that certain restaurant in Chitown? Best wings I've had hands down. I'm coming pretty close to duplicating them. I'll post up recipe when I get off work...

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes... Gator's in Palatine or he old one in Wheeling. Now they have one in Waukegan. Please if you have it, post it up!!!

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? Never even thought about the Hooters stuff. Might have to try that one but I have always been in love with Gator's wings and if Dylan there has a recipe thats damn close... I'm set for life then! LOL

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've mostly given up on doing my own wings,they've gotten too popular these days,so the damn things are never on sale around here anymore,so ask me,they just flat cost too damn much on their own for what your actually getting,I dunno,it almost seems like it would be cheaper to buy whole birds just to get the wings.

Watched a show about wings with Alton Brown,and I got a bug up my ass wanting to make some,but then that reality brought my plans to a screaching halt.

:-damnit

I dunno how restraunts are making money on them,not unless they selling a WHOLE LOTTA of beer with them.

LOL.

Bret P.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Soak a big batch of big hearty wingettes in ice cold salt water for an hour or so, then drain and dry. Dip wings in butter milk and then dredge in seasoned bread crumbs or seasoned flour and fry in hot oil until crispy, then put in a bowl with your favorite sauce and toss to coat.

I also like baked wings. I use a spicy seasoning mix and bake them on a rack until they are crisp. They look like and taste like they are fried, tasty and crispy but without the mess or extra calories. You can eat them as is or toss with your favorite sauce.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts

and if you really wanna set their asses on fire...

8 large red Cayenne peppers
4 large Jalapeño peppers
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tsps salt
1/2 stick butter

remove stems and most of the seeds and hard centers (not all the seeds though)

cut into small pieces

put peppers into a sauce pan with vinegar and salt, simmer (close to boiling) for about 10-15 mins.

put mixture in blender

melt butter and add to mixture

liquefy in blender

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am not really into the garlic thing for my wings. I use Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce when I deep fry up some wings. I've used a lot of different sauces but always go back to the Pete.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Use the ground red pepper and the Tabasco to adjust the heat to suit your taste. If you can cook these outside, that is what I would recomend just because they splatter a lot.

Wing Sauce
6 tablespoons Franks Red Hot Original cayenne pepper sauce (if you can't find Franks, use your favorite Louisiana hot sauce)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine-not butter
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
dash of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce

Put everything in a sauce pan and heat, stiring constantly until the margarine is melted and everything is mixed together.
Set aside while you cook the wings.

Start with @ 4lbs fresh chicken wings (don't use frozen as they have too much water in them)
Wash the wings and cut into sections. Disgard the flap section.
Lay the drumett section and flat section out on paper towels and dry them as best you can.
I cook my wings with NO seasoning or batter.
In a large pot heat enough oil (vegetable, canola or whatever you normaly use, I use veg.) to deep fry wings to 375 degF , (you might have to cook in batches
because as you add the wings the oil gets kinda violent)
Cook wings for 12-14 mins.(you might want to stir them a little just to keep them from sticking together)
Remove the wings and put on some paper towels to absorb excess oil

reheat the sauce and pour into a large bowl add wings and toss until they are all coated with sauce

·
Former RJ instigator
42,557 Posts
honestly i make the simplest wings you can make and they rival any i have ever had in a restaurant....

chicken wing drummetts lightly seasoned with salt and pepper....cook in a deep frier until golden brown and then toss with some Moore's wing sauce...incredible
Oh that's creative......

·
Former RJ instigator
42,557 Posts
Seasoned coated wings fried crisp, toss in a 70/30 mixture of franks red hot, unsalted butter( no margarine), garlic powder, onion powder, smidgen cayenne pepper to adjust heat, I like to add some sesame seed oil & soy sauce for a asian zing every now and then.

You can also add couple tablespoons honey or honey mustard for a sweet kick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry about the delay, had to make these one more time to actually get approximate measurements.

1 bottle Franks hot sauce (large)
1 head of chopped garlic
2 large Jalapenos
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 stick butter
a squirt of Spiracha Thai Chile sauce

Mix these ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer on low heat (dont want to burn the butter). I don't usually bread the wings and like cooking them on the grill. If I was frying I'd probably do a light flour or corn meal coating. Once cooked roll in sauce and you're done.
Let me know how close you think these are to Gator's or what they need.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
just made a batch with most all ingredients u guys are postin up...kinda just mixed all sorts a shit in and they were pretty damn good:-D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts