Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for headers that will fit a Blue Print Engines 572 tall deck in a stock 70 Chevelle chassis. Has a TH400 trans, stock steering shaft, etc. Would prefer coated, although stainless is not a deal breaker. The biggest criteria is time constraint. I am under the gun to get his project done! Does any company keep these in stock? Cost is secondary, for a change. Would also not like to butcher the wheel wells, so inside the frame they would have to go.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with Dan earlier today. 3 months out, and still problems with the stock steering column. This is just a street car. Guy came into some money and wants to play.

Hard to believe I’m having a hard time getting Chevy parts. Reminds me of my Buicks. Might have to drop the car off at a local race shop that builds headers. $$$ but it may be the best option. He is a dealer for Stainless Works and he seems to think that they may have something that will be close that he can tweak. Or just build the damn things! I’ll see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Looking for headers that will fit a Blue Print Engines 572 tall deck in a stock 70 Chevelle chassis. Has a TH400 trans, stock steering shaft, etc. Would prefer coated, although stainless is not a deal breaker. The biggest criteria is time constraint. I am under the gun to get his project done! Does any company keep these in stock? Cost is secondary, for a change. Would also not like to butcher the wheel wells, so inside the frame they would have to go.
what size primaries do you want? If you under a time constrant try 9.8 deck headers, they might work fine.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe it or not, 2” primaries would work fine for this application. Do you have a brand and part #? I'm not a Chevy guy.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Think you will find that correct fit for tall deck application will necessitate custom headers and limit the vendors as well. In my opinion, Lemons is the best choice . . . . .

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like we’re going to try some 9.8” Stainless Works ones, 2” primaries. The owner/fabricator at the local race shop said it’ll be faster if he re-works them if they don’t fit, and I’m not obligated to buy them if I don’t like them. If we get to that point, then I’ll have him build a set.

By the time you get a set of Lemons, the starter that works with them, have them coated, and then change the column shift (Dan was very knowledgeable and provided me the part numbers that I need to do the change), they will be more than a set of fabricated ones. But time is a big concern too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts