Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for camera for gift for wife.

Looked at photographylife.com top ten list. Nikon D3500 was # 2 and among the least expensive of the top ten.

Wondering what the experts think especially for someone with no experience other than pushing a button.

I can pay more but this may be a 6 month fad. If easy for her to use, however, perhaps she would get a lot of use out of it.

Other recommendations?

·
Registered
20,216 Posts
There are an absolute shit load of choices, even with the digital camera market losing sales to smart phones. I have a micro 4/3 system and like it but maybe this site below will help. It’s huge so take a bit of time to explore; it has some nice comparison functions you can use.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Here are some smokin deals on both a Nikon 5600 and Nikon 3500 2 lens set. Both would be good starters and the price isn't bad. The 5600 has a little better specs but both would work. Remember a computer is a must for digital photography.

BH Photo is a very good place to buy from, no hidden fees except state taxes like every place else and free shipping.. Nikon also has the same deals on their web site as does Best Buy.

Bent

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was on my way to Best Buy and passed a regular camera store on the way. So I made a u turn and figure to see what they recommended. They grabbed the D5600 package sale at $550 the 3500 was next to it at $399, same as Best Buy. I picked up the 3500 from them and an extra's package for $199. May have gotten hosed on the extras, I don't know, but one of the things I got was a certificate for a class they hold at their store. They have classes for different types of photography but one of them is how to use your camera. Hopefully, if she learns all the bells and whistles, it wont end up in the closet in 6 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts