Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who will get the most out of a set of NON Chevy, Ford or Mopar heads.

Since all the power is in the heads, I am looking for someone who is interested in flowing what I have and then trying to work the head to its full potential, based on the combo I have.

I am looking for somebody that is willing to work with me and keeping me up to date on what is going on. I also want somebody who is up to date with technology, not somebody just hogging out the heads in his garage.

So......who do you think would be willing to do this? Who do you think I should stay away from. If you do not want to say publicly, PM me.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I would say Jason Eckard or Curtis Boggs both are very busy and don't know your time frame but that would be the 2 best I can think of thats honest and is up to date with technology and both are members here.

Keep in mind they are lots of other great cylinder head guys who are up to date but may not take the time to keep you informed.

What kind of head is it?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Don't count out Ricky at NRC. Sent me pics almost daily on progress and called atleast once a week to update on where the job was going and things he was doing. Most was above my scope of knowledge but the heads made great power for being a non-race style head.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would take it is some import head?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I am always up for something new, pm me some details(if you would like)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What it is shouldn't matter to a real cyl head porter to be honest. DImensions are dimensions and if they know how to design a runner for a given application, it won't matter who's name is on it. The guys at BES do very good work, even on Pontiac heads if it is. There are many shops you can choose from that willwork with you, all you need is time and money when it comes to getting the MOST from any given port.. If they need to have all the bells and whistles like wet flow benches and things like that, there are not many small shops who have that kind of resources..

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
What it is shouldn't matter to a real cyl head porter to be honest. DImensions are dimensions and if they know how to design a runner for a given application, it won't matter who's name is on it.
True, but some may have more experience with a cartain head than others (specialize). Why beat around the bush about what head he has?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jim Robertson out of Abilene Texas. He does amazing work and is not as expensive as you would think.

I know who you are so I'm pretty sure I know the type of head you want to have done.

He did a set of heads and an intake for me and designed a cam matched to my combination. Give him a call and run your idea of what you want to do by him.

http://www.racev8s.com/

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am assuming it is a Pontiac head because he has Pontiacs..
As for specializing in a certain head, look at it this way. If you are a very knowledgeable head porter who knows how get air to flow through a port, does it really matter what make the port is? Lets say it is a Pontiac. And a very good porter that does alot of Chevrolets is very good at what he does. Meaning he knows how airflow works and where to find it and what modifications to make in a port. Does it really matter what it says on the valve cover? The head doesnt know what it is, it is all dimensions. He is just doing the same thing he does to a Chevrolet head with a larger runner, to the Pontiac with a smaller runner..Airflow is airflow and it doesn't know what type of head it is flowing through either if you think about it so saying one specializes in a Chevy head can't port a Pontiac or Ford head, is kind of silly. Same as so called brand specific engine builders. But that is another story :rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am assuming it is a Pontiac head because he has Pontiacs..
As for specializing in a certain head, look at it this way. If you are a very knowledgeable head porter who knows how get air to flow through a port, does it really matter what make the port is? Lets say it is a Pontiac. And a very good porter that does alot of Chevrolets is very good at what he does. Meaning he knows how airflow works and where to find it and what modifications to make in a port. Does it really matter what it says on the valve cover? The head doesnt know what it is, it is all dimensions. He is just doing the same thing he does to a Chevrolet head with a larger runner, to the Pontiac with a smaller runner..Airflow is airflow and it doesn't know what type of head it is flowing through either if you think about it so saying one specializes in a Chevy head can't port a Pontiac or Ford head, is kind of silly. Same as so called brand specific engine builders. But that is another story :rolleyes:
This

1 - 20 of 43 Posts