Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,246 Posts
If she has a Honda and it still had a tape deck I'd assume its an Accord or Civic and you shouldn't be looking at more than 100 for a decent cd player, no more than 70-100 bucks a pair for good speakers and no more than 30 bucks in parts to put the deck in. Last time I checked deck labor was roughly 45-55 bucks, speakers between 30-80 depending on what the car is. Everything on a Honda is a cake walk to install so expect no more than 2 hours tops for install time.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Agreed. If you'll consider doing it yourself (which I highly recommend, seeing as its that model year accord----easy as hell to do) I would strongly recommend Crutchfield. They will provide you with every single thing you need (kit, harness, adaptors etc.) free of charge and even send car specific instructions on how to do the install. I'm a big fan of pioneer or alpine decks and the JL TR series coaxials can't be beat for sound quality on a budget.
www.crutchfield.com
*edit-although deals can be had on ebay and the like, nobody beats crutchfield for warranty and service. Should you botch something during the install they'll even send you a prepaid ups label to send the stuff right back to them to send you a replacement, usually overnight*

-Brad

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Seriously, its one of the top 10 easiest cars to do anything car audio related in. I was an MECP certified installer for 7 years before I started doing home audio stuff and I'd tell you if it wasn't for a novice to do....you'll knock it out in no time flat. It MIGHT take a half a day if you decide to crush a case o beer whilst in the middle of it ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.