1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Frog
10,443 Posts
how much ya got?
Wanna make her go deaf?

to do it right u need as a minimum
a deck,front comps, and amp for the comps
a sub woofer and an amp for the woofer.....

any questions PM me,I used to be heaviliy involved
with car audio....even got some stuff left over on the shelf cheap

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont want to spend nothing really. LOL the stock POJ in there now is broke. I would like a tape deck & CD (or just CD if I cant get both). I dont want any amps or crossovers or any of that stuff. speakers to replace whats in the doors & deck.

thanks
Bob

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to look into them. I remember them being around
@ some point in time.

Bob

Been a while since I've been in the Mobile Audio arena but there used to be a California chain called Al & Ed's Autosound I believe and they were pretty good from what I remember.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If she has a Honda and it still had a tape deck I'd assume its an Accord or Civic and you shouldn't be looking at more than 100 for a decent cd player, no more than 70-100 bucks a pair for good speakers and no more than 30 bucks in parts to put the deck in. Last time I checked deck labor was roughly 45-55 bucks, speakers between 30-80 depending on what the car is. Everything on a Honda is a cake walk to install so expect no more than 2 hours tops for install time.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, 94/95 Accord.

thanks for the info. if its that easy I will prolly just do it myself. any special tools I will need like on the Furds to get the deck out??

do they have plug & play setups like trailer brakes?? buy the right adapter & it all plugs in nice & pretty??

Bob

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Dont rule out eBay...

I picked up a nice MP3 Sony deck for 80 bucks..but there were others that were new in the box for 40-50 bucks (200-250 dollar stuff regularly). I assume everything else you would need could be significantly cheaper.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
They make install harnesses for them, plug and play
Those have factory amps under the front drivers seat, if I remember correctly.
Get decent 4channel stereo with 20w per and you should be more than fine. you can get a decent pioneer or sony cd player for less than $200. Kenwood's are good too. I had a kenwood in dash tape player with a 5 disc changer that I got for $300 for the pair.
in dash a a lot cheaper than the faceplate ones.
get some jl audio speakers, they sound really good

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Agreed. If you'll consider doing it yourself (which I highly recommend, seeing as its that model year accord----easy as hell to do) I would strongly recommend Crutchfield. They will provide you with every single thing you need (kit, harness, adaptors etc.) free of charge and even send car specific instructions on how to do the install. I'm a big fan of pioneer or alpine decks and the JL TR series coaxials can't be beat for sound quality on a budget.
www.crutchfield.com
*edit-although deals can be had on ebay and the like, nobody beats crutchfield for warranty and service. Should you botch something during the install they'll even send you a prepaid ups label to send the stuff right back to them to send you a replacement, usually overnight*

-Brad

·
Senior Frog
10,443 Posts
I like the Kenwood Excelon Headunits or PioneerPremier
as for speakers,with no amp (HU Pwr only)your looking at similar brand coax's or a cheap set of infinitys....
Should kick the crap out of the Honda radio

FYI Honda is like one of the easier cars to do a system on

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Also, call around and see if any of the local car audio places offer factory refurb units. Through a local store I bought a Kenwood CD player/receiver for my old truck that had been refurbed at Kenwood. Worked like new and was under $100.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right on guys. I dont think you got the premium stereo unless you got the LX (Mines a DX). it has power everything, just not the leather, moon roof & premium stereo.

I will call around & check out the Crutchfield stuff. Im not affraid of tearing into it, like any other hot roder Ive put enough stereo's in over the years, I just have better things to do with 1/2 a day if its gonna be a PITB.

thanks again
Bob

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Seriously, its one of the top 10 easiest cars to do anything car audio related in. I was an MECP certified installer for 7 years before I started doing home audio stuff and I'd tell you if it wasn't for a novice to do....you'll knock it out in no time flat. It MIGHT take a half a day if you decide to crush a case o beer whilst in the middle of it ;)

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seriously, its one of the top 10 easiest cars to do anything car audio related in. I was an MECP certified installer for 7 years before I started doing home audio stuff and I'd tell you if it wasn't for a novice to do....you'll knock it out in no time flat. It MIGHT take a half a day if you decide to crush a case o beer whilst in the middle of it ;)

well.............. if your gonna talk me into it. what kind of beer should I buy?? LOL.

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts