Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 400 B big block Block with that casting number. Leads apprciated.

Pm me if you know of something. Thanx !

·
Confused Racer
42,455 Posts
just because it has that casting number will not ensure its the cold weather block with the thick webbing. Also If you do find one get it sonic checked I had 2 that the cylinder walls were to thin to do anything with and ended up buying a new block.

·
Registered
843 Posts
i pulled one a few months ago its setting here and im waiting on the owner to get it but if he dont get it soon it will be for sale

i pulled it out of a 73 its a 400 low deck. it ran like a dream didnt smoke and it has the trans 727 auto and it shifted great too.
its all stock.

·
Registered
354 Posts
well im not sure of the casting #'s but i will check tomorrow
if needed to.

where are they located im not that good with chrysler.
he's lookin for the 71~72 block with the thicker crank webbing..
like that makes a fuckin difference.
oh wait.. it does to the mopar fucktard community to the tune of soaking someone an extra $500 for a
marginally stronger block.

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drviers side rear of block.

Thanx. Very intrested. If you could pull the pan if this item comes up for sale and snap a picture of the main webbing it would be much appreciated.

well im not sure of the casting #'s but i will check tomorrow
if needed to.

where are they located im not that good with chrysler.

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can sleeve the cylinders. I just need the big main webs. Megablock is a bit outside the budget this go around.

Thatnx for the input though. I will keep that in mind.

Sean

just because it has that casting number will not ensure its the cold weather block with the thick webbing. Also If you do find one get it sonic checked I had 2 that the cylinder walls were to thin to do anything with and ended up buying a new block.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.