Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I'm running a 427LSX with 6 bolt TFS 245 heads, small cam (224/230 on 115) 2010 camaro flipped exhaust manifolds, twin 6262 turbos, dual 3" downpipes, ls2 intake and twin garrett 500 hp rated air to water IC's. She makes right about 1000 rwhp at 20 lbs of boost. Looking for more like 1500-1600 rwhp or about 2000 at the crank for my goals. Hopefully around 30 lbs boost max if possible.

I'm looking at upgrading to twin 76/75's (base model journal bearing "LS" model with .96 AR), 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 turbo headers, dual 3.5" downpipes, Holley Hi Ram intake with Shearer 2k hp top mount IC, larger custom cam (maybe 240's intake and 250's exhaust, .600's lift).

Do you think I can get there with these turbos and heads? I was considering upgrading to AFR or TFS 260's if need be. I also see many running the more expensive 76/75's with upgraded wheels and ball bearing cartridges - not sure the benefit at this power level other than a slightly quicker spool and little bit more power rating? Also open to a solid cam if the benefits are worth it and I'm not adjusting lash every couple thousand miles. This will be driven to and from the track locally, and for RMRW and hopefully drag week. Also some street driving, car does have AC.

I'm no expert so feel free to school me on this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Current power seems way down at 20psi. I appears turbos out of breath/choking the motor. Cam and supporting valve train to get you to 650chp NA should do it at 30psi.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Current power seems way down at 20psi. I appears turbos out of breath/choking the motor. Cam and supporting valve train to get you to 650chp NA should do it at 30psi.
Yeah, I was thinking about those flipped exhaust manifolds costing power. The 6262's are supposed to be good to over 700 each but maybe not in my application.

Good to know I can keep the current heads on the motor and keep the turbos I've spec'd out. I'm sure I can build 650 chp with the right cam etc.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
6262 are small on that motor. They running into Back pressure for sure. Right turbos and bigger cam it will make 1200-1300 easy at that boost imo. 28-30 get you near or over 1500

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Those stock manifolds are easily capable of 4 digit power, just not 4 didit's that starts with a 2! Even 1500 is most likely past their limitations. Match your primaries to the exhaust port size of the head. If your considering a head change, check port sizes between heads

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am pretty sure Derrick Kelly is still running manifolds on his LS ass-kicking machine. If not, he has recently switched to headers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts