Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Phuck Bill Simpson.Why even look at buying his shit after he screwed over so many fellow racers? AND,even if it is legal now,down the road......who knows. Stick with a reputable company!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would not waste my money on a IMPACT anything. I have a -20 suit and it is a piece of crap not to mention it was recalled and my replacement suit was nothing like my original suit. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ANY impact suit made from 05 to 08 is no longer good. Mine was made in 07 and is junk now. I called about getting a replacement for my POS and they were going to give me 35% off and free shippnig woohoo! The decert now also covers gloves shoes... everything. From what I am hearing they are done in June and SFI isn't going to let them back in so if you buy something now your out of luck. I bought a simpson 15 this summer and really like it.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
RJS are to bad on price and made in USA, Michigan to be exact.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
This is just a question...

What EXACTLY will the DECERT mean come June???

Does it mean that the sanctioning body will not accept the item as good if you show up at a race???

I have customers that are all confused and thats the way it reads to me.

fwiw--I use and sell SIMPSON and al very happy with the product--not always about price whan it comes to safety

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is just a question...

What EXACTLY will the DECERT mean come June???

Does it mean that the sanctioning body will not accept the item as good if you show up at a race???

I have customers that are all confused and thats the way it reads to me.

fwiw--I use and sell SIMPSON and al very happy with the product--not always about price whan it comes to safety

Thanks

I called SFI this morning and was told that as of June 22, 2010 Impact will no longer be in the SFI program.

All currently certified Impact items Jan 1, 2009 forward, will be good for the track only until their cert date runs out and they may Not be Re-Certified. So all Impact safety equipment has a very limited time use.

Time for me to move on to another company for safety equipment.

Good Luck All.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
So a jacket that dosent have a date will be good forever??

( we have all seen the guys with the suits that look like they have been thru the war--lol)

There is no date on jackets and pants right?--i can t remember

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought my -5 Impact jacket in 07 and it does not have the date of manufacture info filled out. I called Impact and they said I would have to buy a new one. I said not from you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I replaced my old G-force suit with a Sparco from Biondo...man is it a nice suit, but mines a -5. They offer a standard and X-lite -15 versions. Very nice quality, thin and lightweight too.

http://www.biondoracing.com/Sparco.shtml

I have a Sparco as well. I was worried initially about the fact they were mainly NASCAR and open wheel oriented (as well as Ricky Bobby- hah hah), but it is a great suit and I am glad they are catching on with the drag racing crowd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts