Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a external balanced 400 sbc in need of a balancer lookin to spend up to 200...want a sfi balancer. seen a professional products in a 8 or 6 3/4 inch diameter.also pro-race brand part 34266....any other ones that are good for budget build?

thoughts suggestions?

·
Mike
7,712 Posts
Be careful choosing a dampener, SFI does not mean a quality made product. ATI made in USA, and if I'm not mistaken powerbond made in Australia along with a couple of others I can't recall will not blow up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Innovators West is also a top of the line balancer and it is USA made,but it will cost you more then that but you get what you pay for. In Liberty Dan

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
i have a external balanced 400 sbc in need of a balancer lookin to spend up to 200...want a sfi balancer. seen a professional products in a 8 or 6 3/4 inch diameter.also pro-race brand part 34266....any other ones that are good for budget build?

thoughts suggestions?
Save your $ till you can buy a superdamper do not jump over a dollar to pick up a dime!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
ATI. but if you have to go cheaper use Powerbond. I've had a couple customers with Pro Products SFI dampers that blew up

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I had a POS Professional Products for about a year, it came loose where it was bonded together. The outside was spinning on the hub, but it did not come apart. It makes one hell of a racket when you kill the motor and it keeps spinning for a second !!! I know have ATI's on both my motors, very nice product.Save your money and get the good stuff or you will be buying twice.

·
Banned
9,912 Posts
How do they get an SFI rating if they blow up?
they don't, i think they mean the motor blew up

And of course it was the dampners fault...............

Every part has it's place, and when to be used

I say if it turns any kind of Rpm and makes HP

BUY the ATI, money well spent

And on a 400 sbc you WILL want to use the 8" damper

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I had a POS Professional Products for about a year, it came loose where it was bonded together. The outside was spinning on the hub, but it did not come apart.
That is what I've seen happen twice and once the outer ring came completely off. That what I meant by 'blown up'.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is what I've seen happen twice and once the outer ring came completely off. That what I meant by 'blown up'.
Damn, i got lucky then !!! I shut it down as soon as i heard the noise and loaded it on the trailer. Did'nt actually find what it was until the next day after i got it in the shop. Glad i called it quits that day !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts