Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were cleaning up behind his shop and there was a Powerstoke engine that had been taken out and wrapped in tarp. He moved the tarp and these Timber Rattlers are what we found all around the motor. We think it was a snake den of some sort with the large amout of rattlers. We have diamond backs in our area too that get much larger but these are still plenty dangerous! I had another friend that was bitten by a small one like these a few years back and he alsmost lost his foot. He lived almost an hour from the hospital and was almost not treated in time with the anti-venom.

Notice the foot hash marks on the tape measure...WoW! Almost 6 feet long from head to rattlers.

We are thinking the larger female got away because the biggest snake we saw escaped while we were getting something to kill them with and we think this snake pictured was the male. My buddy took all the smaller ones out with a torch that he uses to help prep the starting line at the race track. The biggest snake shown in these photos met his demise at the business end of a .22 magnum but the others were scortched with the above mentioned torch. We have way to many kids (both mine and his) that play around at the shop and we didn't want to chance it so they had to go. These were all timber rattlers and the mom may still be out there. Scary stuff because his shop is only about a 1/2 mile from ours.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ummmm I hate snakes :smt071I really ,really really hate snakes..

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
DAM...nice find and kill...you could almost make a belt...lol:cool:

·
Registered
294 Posts
A guy at our hunting club caught a 6' timber rattler 2 years ago and took it home and put it in an old aquarium. Came home 2 days later and it had 11 or 12 babies. He decided it would make a nice club mascot and brought it back to the club to live in our clubhouse. Needless to say it wasnt long before she was skinned out and the babies were gone. I almost stepped on one about that size last Sept., it met the business end of my 45.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Uhhhh...... no..... HAIL NO!!!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
you need to go back and make SURE those bastards are real dead!
i couldnt work there ever again, i would always be thinking one would still be there and lurking.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Shit I would pull the car out and burn the whole damn garage down and collect a check from my insurance company.
:-fire

·
Registered
954 Posts
ewwwww......the only good snakes are dead snakes. We have lots of little copperheads here, I used to find them weekly while doing yardwork, needless to say, I now have a hired crew for yardwork !!!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts