Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at my dyno run here... http://hometown.aol.com/choknred/images/dyno run-2.jpg

Check out the mph at the bottom with 3.55 gears and 28 inch tall tires.. That's at 6500 rpms.. At that rpm I expected it to be over 140 mph..

That's with a brand new 10 inch Transmission Specialties spragless converter.. I asked TS to make this converter as tight as they could, with about a 4500 stall speed..The transmissions fluid level is correct, and with several dyno runs the fluid temp never got above luke warm..

TS told me they could get the converter slip in the 3 to 4% range.. Is it possible for them to have missed it that bad ?? Or is these kind of mph figures normal for a spragless converter on a dyno ?? Could a transmission problem cause it to slip like that ??

On the dyno, when you nailed the car.. It really felt like it was trying leap off the dyno.. Raising up and torqueing over like it was really putting the power down.. But I was shocked to see such low mph numbers..

Right after my runs, a YSI supercharged car was clocking 140+ mph numbers at simular rpms, but with 3.73 gears.. WHAT GIVES :confused:

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
I don't know that much about comparing dyno MPH to what happens on the track. I turned my motor to 7500 rpm on the dyno which gave us 150 mph. At the track, when I turned the same rpm it was 146 mph........... I guess that it just takes that much more power to push the car through the air.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I don't know that much about comparing dyno MPH to what happens on the track. I turned my motor to 7500 rpm on the dyno which gave us 150 mph. At the track, when I turned the same rpm it was 146 mph........... I guess that it just takes that much more power to push the car through the air.
That's a good analogy.. A lot of it depends on the tire and how well it hooks on the dyno, and how well it's tied down.. If you have good data from the track, it allows you to make a decent comparison..
The Dyno Jet that we use, works very well. It goes crazy if you hit 200MPH, and loses some of its readings. We hit that level once, and that made me notice how much a 315 Radial tire actually GROWS at that speed, on a 10" wheel.. People say the Radial does not grow, at speed... What I saw, was no less than 2""..:smt103
Maddawg

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Here was mine from last year.
TH-400 28 tall 3.27 I went through the traps at 147 @ 5900 rpm's.

There was not any slipping/spinning on the dyno either. I was not pushing through the convertor. It was a Chance bolt together built super-super tight.

Here is the video of the run that goes with the graph
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1995-Cobra1382-RWHP-on_139669.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts