Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI has any one out there over the years tryed a longer nitrous line between soleniond and plate to soften hit does this work or is it a myth
thanks
victtor

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
HI has any one out there over the years tryed a longer nitrous line between soleniond and plate to soften hit does this work or is it a myth
thanks
victtor
Works great. We put a 6' line on the nitrous side of a bigshot plate. It calmed it down. You can hear and feel it.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
i have NO progressive and NO digital ignition

Longer line is my progressive LOL

Good track 12" Bad track 18" fuel line is always 12"

When i street raced my car i had a 30" line on the nitrous side, think it doesnt matter??? at the track 10.70 with the 30" 10.40 with a 12" thats what worked on the track , not on unprepped streets, 30" never let me down on the street LOL

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i had a 24 inch line on the nitrous side and the car would dead hook on the street with a 225 shot without a burn out, but would spin with a 12 inch line with a burn out. the nitrous line swap was tuning trick i used to do for different roads we were on.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow sounds like it does work only thing that does worry me is being to rich at start with fuel line being shorter have heard if to much fuel gets down side piston can cause damage ,got any ideas on how long to make nos line im using 150-200 shot 3.42 gears possi 275/50/15 mt drag radial 26 inch tall on a 9 inch rim 4000 stall b/b 454 75 camaro
thanks
victtor

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am by no means a n20 expert but I would bet that a lot more shit has been torn up with a lean tune-up than a fat one! Hell, my set-up loves fuel, it seems to love it fat!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
gregcreech, most of the time guys think they are hurting stuff being too lean with nitrous they are actually running too rich! Search around here in this section and you will learn alot of info about nitrous tuning.

The longer line trick works well for the smaller shots, in my opinion, but when you really start leaning on it you need to soften the "hit" by other means (7531 box/control timing).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS im just playing around with 150-200 shot any one give me ball park figure on what size lines be good to start off with ?
75 camaro 3.42 gears slapper bars 275/50/15 drag radial go to 60 series see if that helps done 11.1 at 124 mph best 60ft 1.66 thanks

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
On the last car that I used this trick on I brought 12", 15", 21", 24" 30" and 36" lines and just kept adding length until the car would stick on the crappy track. Managed a 1.401 60ft on a 275 MT Radial on a mid 10 second car and we were happy with that.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
I think the EZ Street guys used to use that trick years ago..

I think it has to do with the time it take for the nitrous to get from the solnoids to the plate/nozzle. not 100% sure....

Vanilla

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I would love to hear a scientific explanation for this.
It isn't scientific but:

The long(er) line is after the purge valve. The nitrous is more delayed than anything and comes out of the line a little at first, then more and more until full flow. You'd be looking at roughly a 1-3 second delay from the time the 'noid is activated until full flow is underway.

The same thing occurs when you first turn on a water spicket with a garden hose that has put away for the winter. Upon opening the valve the water begins to flow and has to push the air out of the hose along the way. It'll spit a few times, cough and/or wheez and then you'll have your full flow of water at the end of the hose.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I think the EZ Street guys used to use that trick years ago..

I think it has to do with the time it take for the nitrous to get from the solnoids to the plate/nozzle. not 100% sure....

Vanilla
exactly how it works, just learned it on the street kinda like a poor mans progressive

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
soften hit longer nos line

HI going to give the longer line method ago getting 4 different line lenghts made up to day 15 '' 20'' 25'' 30'' be very intresting see how it works i see some guys still useing that system with digiset timer with great results im suprised not everyone using progressive controlers?
thanks
victtor

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wow, I did this same thing when I put a bigshot on my car back in 95. I actually never ran equal length lines on the big shot. The way i was thinking, nos at 1000 psi, compared to gas at 7 psi, which ones gonna fill the line faster when the solenoid opens. I did it to prevent a lean out on the initial hit.

Mike

·
Nitrous Junky
10,820 Posts
BTW I was given a formula BY NX for the level I was pushing(200-275).

40-50% of the N2O line should be used for the Fuel line.

I am running a 32in N2O line and a 15in fuel line. The whole shot is in before the end of the 60ft. So far this methode has been much smoother then the progresive box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts