Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a marlin lever gun and am looking for a long eye relief scope for it in 2-7 or 2.5-10 power
any suggestions ?
I've used hawke optics and like them but have no experience with utg scopes
anyone know anything about them or other choices ?
would like to keep it under 250-300 bucks
and its going on a 45-70 guide gun thanks

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
I bought a Brass Stacker scope mount for a Mosin and just for shits and giggles I picked up the NC Star scout scope in a package deal from them. Simply put... it was fucking junk. I'm not at home but I will post a couple scopes in this thread later tonight.

·
Satans Daddy
16,796 Posts
If 4" E.R. works, there's the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 $129 HERE https://swfa.com/optics/browse/riflescopes/crossfire_ii.html?p=2

Or look into the Scout rifle scopes.
Vortex has a Scout version of the Crossfire 2-7x32 w/9+" eye relief.
&149 https://swfa.com/optics/browse/riflescopes/crossfire_ii.html?p=2
I just bought a marlin lever gun and am looking for a long eye relief scope for it in 2-7 or 2.5-10 power
any suggestions ?
I've used hawke optics and like them but have no experience with utg scopes
anyone know anything about them or other choices ?
would like to keep it under 250-300 bucks
and its going on a 45-70 guide gun thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,i looked at the vortex also I'd like an IR reticle and I know I'm not shooting over 150 yards max. but in pa, they have to have 3 points on one side to be legal so I want to be able to pick out the points in the brush if I have to, and most of the deer where I hunt move at right at daylight and right before dark hence the IR reticle comes into play for the low light

·
Satans Daddy
16,796 Posts
Only 1 I know of that fits the bill is a $600 Leupold VX-R Scout.
thanks,i looked at the vortex also I'd like an IR reticle and I know I'm not shooting over 150 yards max. but in pa, they have to have 3 points on one side to be legal so I want to be able to pick out the points in the brush if I have to, and most of the deer where I hunt move at right at daylight and right before dark hence the IR reticle comes into play for the low light

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts