Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make all my own brake lines in my 87 notchback mustang and was wondering if anyone know where i can get line long enough to go from the master cylinder to the rear end? The lines on the rearend are already done and i'll be able to get lines at the local parts store for the short peices for upfront, but dont think they have pieces long enough to go from the front to back.

Anyone help here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Looking to make all my own brake lines in my 87 notchback mustang and was wondering if anyone know where i can get line long enough to go from the master cylinder to the rear end? The lines on the rearend are already done and i'll be able to get lines at the local parts store for the short peices for upfront, but dont think they have pieces long enough to go from the front to back.

Anyone help here?

Thanks!
Where are you located?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
You can get a roll of brake tubing at the local parts store. I have picked up a few lately redoing the lines on my dually and a family member expedition. I believe it was in 25ft rolls here for about $1 a foot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you located?
Located in Iowa.

Guess i didnt know that parts stores sold it by the roll lol. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also what size line would you guys suggest using?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I'd use 3/16" max. You can use 1/4", but unless you have a master cylinder with HUGE volume per stroke, the smaller line is better..............

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good, ty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts