Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of animation and cheapie horror, all the movie business has left are franchises… All Hollywood has left are a handful of IPs (intellectual properties) that work just like a bunch of golden geese who keep right on producing golden eggs.

The problem with this approach, though, is that there are only so many golden geese out there, so many IPs that will put butts in seats; just so many Marvel Universes and Jurassic Worlds, and when one belly-flops, they are almost impossible to replace.

I've got nothing to add to his analyses .... except maybe a few more franchise names. Forget who it was, but somebody on here mentioned a while back that there were over 130 reboots or sequels coming over the next few years. With all the box office failures, they may want to reconsider that path.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...latest-franchise-in-deep-deep-trouble/http://

·
YB Managing Editor
51,022 Posts
I've got nothing to add to his analyses .... except maybe a few more franchise names. Forget who it was, but somebody on here mentioned a while back that there were over 130 reboots or sequels coming over the next few years. With all the box office failures, they may want to reconsider that path.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...latest-franchise-in-deep-deep-trouble/http://
That was me I posted an article about the 130 reboots and sequels. It's just about all they got left.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I cant stand any of the new movies. I'm not into the super hero shit. I liked Deadpool thats the only one.
I WILL NOT go to the movies. Thats a huge waste of money and time anyways.

If they all fell off the face of the earth, it wouldn't effect my life in any way.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
They may have been able to hang on longer had they been straight up "reboots" but they aren't. They add political bias and chicks in roles of where men use to be, its literally a recipe for disaster.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,022 Posts
Frankly I enjoy all the superhero movies because they are entertainment. But I also love small indies like "10 items or less"

I watched a french film the other night where I laughed so hard I almost pulled a muscle. It's subtitled but fucking hilarious. It just popped up on my IMDB list of movies I'd like.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5736696/

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,692 Posts
Because of al the politically correct bullshit we may never see good comedy movies like Airplane, Naked Gun, Hot Shots, etc.

You rarely see a new comedy movies anymore

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
I’m glad it’s not just us. We have been wondering. We rarely watch movies any more. We tend to watch series or mini series, a few documentaries and concert DVDs. The only time we really watch movies are this one guest that visits once a month for dinner and then we come back to the house for desert and a movie. But we have about 1,200 DVDs so we just watch something we already have.

The better TV series allow for much better character development than you ever get in a movie, there’s just not enough time. Also, recently, most series are much better than most movies now.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the newer computer generated shit until you see some older stuff and realize just how good it was at the time. Westerns We need westerns. 'Course I guess there just isn't any 'country' left where they can film that stuff

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,451 Posts
Nascar might benefit from a day's of thunder redo ...... I watched it the other night still had my interest till the end

·
aka old_shoe
17,395 Posts
I cut the cable and never go to the movies anymore. My kids are into that superhero shit and they start talking about it and my eyes glaze over....gimme an old black and white Film noir flick on antenna TV anyday

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
They may have been able to hang on longer had they been straight up "reboots" but they aren't. They add political bias and chicks in roles of where men use to be, its literally a recipe for disaster.
FACT.
Also, fuck that shit where the heros are all black, mexican, women...anything but white guys.
Yeah...We are so terrible, we ONLY invented almost everything, made life better for almost everyone, we are what made the world great yet the entertainment industry shows no love.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
I cant stand any of the new movies. I'm not into the super hero shit. I liked Deadpool thats the only one.
I WILL NOT go to the movies. Thats a huge waste of money and time anyways.

If they all fell off the face of the earth, it wouldn't effect my life in any way.
That pretty much sums it up.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,607 Posts
People are finally catching on, it's no longer just random good movies, it's movies with a liberal agenda.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
About the only thing i will watch is 2005 down stuff for movies. There might be a few newer that i watch but its only a few. Movies just don't have that kick to them like they use to for me. Haven't been to the movies in i bet 15 years that i can think of. Last time i went i think it was 15 a ticket and then the drinks and pop corn was about 25 for me and the g/f. I usually just wait till they come out on hbo or such. Like said,forget a comedy movie now days,nothing like caddy shack air plane and any thing with John Candy or such out now days.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts