Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is lokar the only manufacturer of a flexible locking dipstick for a turbo 400?

·
Registered
116 Posts
for th400, get a chevy 4l60e dip stick out of a Astro type van ,
mark and cut to fit for levels with a dremmel tool
,then make a horse shoe spacer to go under the fulcrum point of the flip over to give it more expansion , to fit the older th400 tubes

worked great on our car

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok thanks i wasnt sure if that was legal... im also running a csr supershield which makes it a little more difficult im not sure a stock style tube would clear.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I made a lock for my lockless Lokar dipstick.. Nothing too fancy, but it's effective..

Here's how..

·
Super Moderator
19,773 Posts
ok thanks i wasnt sure if that was legal... im also running a csr supershield which makes it a little more difficult im not sure a stock style tube would clear.
I have a tight fit design that I think will work. If you have a 60's tube that hugs the case , its a duplicate to that design.

Hutch

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Don't buy the Milodon or TransDapt. They leak and the dipstick material is plastic that shreds when you pull it out of the tube.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wish i could run the tube style. but with the taller heads no clearance between head and fire wall. thanks for the replies john

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
I made a lock for my lockless Lokar dipstick.. Nothing too fancy, but it's effective..

Here's how..

Man thats nice, did it come from some thing else? More pictures

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no stock floor im going to try the lokar. looks to be a nice piece. thanks john

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Man thats nice, did it come from some thing else? More pictures
Here's the only other pic I have of the dipstick.. And wouldn't you know it, I don't have it locked (in the garage for maint)..

But you can see how it swings up and over.. I'm not sure where I got the idea from.. Seems like I saw it somewhere else before.. I don't believe I dreamed that up, but I may have..

I never had trouble with my dipstick coming out.. I just heard it was going to be a NHRA requirement.. That's the same reason I run a diaper on my motor..

·
Confused Racer
42,151 Posts
The "new" Lokar dipstick and tube arrangement seems light years ahead of what they had previously.

Hutch
I have the race LOKAR one. I hated the other one since you couldn't put fluid in it without a adapter. This one takes regular funnels and has a nice easy pushlock for taking it out. The other bonus is it has a plug thar fits in the trans when you have it out of the car to keep it sealed from dirt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts