1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 - Packages fresh liver (not frozen)

1- 1lb Bacon

3- Large Bermuda Onion;s

1. Slice onion’s med thin and then in half and separate ( half rounds)

2; Chop 1lb bacon into ½ strips ( while frozen is easier)

3. Heat electric skillet to 350* and through in onion’s and bacon and cook down. Then pull out of skillet temporarily

4.Cut (Julian) liver up into 1” bite size pieces. ( use scissors - don’t laugh try it) coat ad drudge in flour.

5. lightly brown both sides over liver in the bacon and onion grease and add the bacon and onion mixture back with liver.

6. Add small amount of water to create stem and let it cook and steam occasionally stirring.

7. Turn down to simmer and serve when tender ( DO NOT OVER COOK)

Seriously.. If you like liver you will enjoy this. If you do not typically like liver you will more than likely eat this and not even know it is liver……serious the bacon / onions sweeten the flavor.

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
Dude, I'm drooling into my keyboard....sounds killer!

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sil - If its done right it is amazing good. the secret is if it is "mushy" it's perfect.

BTW- For all the miserable years I put up with my Ex mother-inlaw it's the one good thing I got in return.. . her liver recipe

·
I've Got The Cure
2,629 Posts
Man this is good stuff..Chicken livers also.
My ole lady gags at the though tho...
So I go without....:(

·
Registered
348 Posts
When my daughter was born(20 years ago) my mother n law stayed with us for about a week. One night she made liver and onions.....I had never tasted liver and onions like this..it was great. I kept after her for the next 15 years to make it again...but she never did...and then she died of lung cancer....The rest of the family hates it but I love it...
Sounds like a great recipe!

Rick

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I make Duck Nuggets the same way. They are good too. The pan drippins makes some awesome gravy too.

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
not a big fan, but i may have to try it. does it help the texture at all?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I make Duck Nuggets the same way. They are good too. The pan drippins makes some awesome gravy too.
Please elaborate on how to cook it. I went duck hunting 2 times this year and got my limit both days and I don't have a clue how to cook it. I was thinking about rapping it in bacon and grilling it. The meat looks like dove meat to me, just more of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts