·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder how this is gonna play out now

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Here's what I found on Drag Racing Online.

Big News Coming from Live Nation

The Agent has heard from a good source that Live Nation, the parent company of the IHRA as well as promoters of Stadium Cross and Monster truck racing, is going to have a big announcement next Tuesday at their headquarters in Tampa, FL. Unconfirmed rumors have the company, which also promotes huge music acts at venues all across the U.S., may be putting their Motorsports division up for sale.
Would Bruton Smith's company be a buyer for the Live Nation motorsports assets? The Agent’s mind is boggled by the possibilities.

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I doubt Bruton would buy the ihra. Look at the car counts this year, look at most of the facilities ihra races at.
Yep and look at the tracks Bruton owns . It would be awesome if he DID indeed buy IHRA . Then NHRA can take their countdown and 1000" and stick it up their asssssssss. Also Bruton and JFR have been talkign for several years about starting their own racing association . What a better way to do it than by a great one already running

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Yep and look at the tracks Bruton owns . It would be awesome if he DID indeed buy IHRA . Then NHRA can take their countdown and 1000" and stick it up their asssssssss. Also Bruton and JFR have been talkign for several years about starting their own racing association . What a better way to do it than by a great one already running

The tracks he owns are already NHRA tracks. He would have to spend alot alot alot of money to bring ihra up to nhra standards.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Here's what I found on Drag Racing Online.

Big News Coming from Live Nation

Would Bruton Smith's company be a buyer for the Live Nation motorsports assets? The Agent’s mind is boggled by the possibilities.
I guess I'm not the only one who thought "Bruton Smith" when I saw this.

Start with a full organization and a the Crown Jewel "best dragstrip in the world" . . . NHRA should be terrified.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I doubt Bruton would buy the ihra. Look at the car counts this year, look at most of the facilities ihra races at.
If they had decent car counts it wouldn't be for sale, or at least wouldn't be "cheap".

For the right package to take the sport to the next level I could see some national-class facilities jumping ship. There is only one "world-class" facility in drag racing at the moment.

The biggest bonus if IHRA were taken to the next level, whoever the buyer is.

NO MORE ESPN!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Don't suppose Kenny Knowling could get the backing required to make the ADRL a true national sanctioning body?

Kenny obviously knows how to think outside the box, also a good thing for the sport.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I wonder what this means for IHRA drag racers?? I hope this is not the beginning of the end, like cancer spreads everywhere. And the country isn't in a depression right, bullshit:-damnit TK

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Bruton/SMI owns:

Atlanta, Bristol, Infineon, Las Vegas, Lowes/ZMax (Charlotte), Texas Motor Speedway, and New Hampshire.

Can you imagine if all those tracks dropped off the NHRA schedule?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Better yet could you imagine if the headquarters were in Charlotte instead of Norwalk! Two a year In Charlotte Two a Year in Bristol makes my Dick hard thinking about it!

·
Registered
612 Posts
This also comes from the guy who likes to stir the shit and was touting a NHRA sale. I think sometimes he likes to hear himself talk. Or just say controversy to send people to his site.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts