Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a forum here in ND, a deputy posted this picture from Williston ND. That place if fucked up for housing, prices are crazy and not enough room for all the people working. The crazy thing is the guy living in this place is probably making 75k plus a year easy. Gotta love the poured concrete entry pad

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
My buddy just rented a double wide trailer fully furnished for 3,500 for the year, gonna be sending 20 trucks and trailers to the oil fields, trying to find a few more to use as bunk houses.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where at in williston or out of town, if it was in williston, than your buddy got a smoking hot deal... like volcanic magma hot deal. He could rent out a room for 1k a month.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I'll have to get the name of the town, he just said that he got a deal for 3 drivers to stay. Tried to get hotel rooms and Haliburton has just about everything rented.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
My buddy just rented a double wide trailer fully furnished for 3,500 for the year, gonna be sending 20 trucks and trailers to the oil fields, trying to find a few more to use as bunk houses.

One of the trucking companies I use up here is paying 2500 a month for a small trailer house with basement. So 35oo a year is bs. I been up here for about 2 years. He needs to come up here and see how things are before just sending all his shit up here.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe it's 3500 a month. Small towns are electing not to have man camps built etc due to no infrastructure to support them. The locals are being pushed out due to cost of living. Due to supply and demand prices keep going up, people are looking for warm places to stay cause winter is fast approaching. Many people camp during the summer. I feel bad for the elderly, they're the ones that are gonna be hit the hardest.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
You are so right about that. I had a guy in here the other day that said his sorry ass son in law didnt want a job in the oilfield and his daughtrer was working 2 jobs just to help pay their rent that has gone thru the roof. Guy from trucking company told me the other day that home owner he is renting from said if he was going to continue to park them trucks around the house he has to put in a circle concrete driveway. Now remember after this is done they could easily say leave!!!! He told them that if he did that he was taking the driveway with him when he left!!! They have no idea how serious he is.....

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The oil boom is starting to creep down this way too. My family has been on the look out for rentals in the areas that are soon to be inundated with oil field workers. Definitely some money to be made in rentals if it all comes through.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
Got a few friends who just quit their 55K per year jobs here in the fuckin shithole of Kaliphornya to go up there to ND to work in the oil industry. We'll see how it goes, but in just a few months, they've made nearly as much there as they have here for a full year.
One took his own RV so he can camp out anywhere along the road, pay zero rent, and save swome real money!!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,281 Posts
ALL YOU PHUCKING TRUCK DRIVERS STAY HOME...WE GOT THIS SHIT COVERED...CUT THROAT PHUCKS

1 - 20 of 72 Posts