Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little bored here at work today so I figured I would post up my Race/Street car

I bought this Mustang back in October for a damn good price. It was an 88GT with full tubular suspension, Mini Tubs, 33 spline axles, Anti roll, etc... The motor is a 331 with a dart block, Kasse heads, BIG STUFF 3, Turbo 400 Trans and a 76MM turbo. I got it for 10k turn key...

When the car was delivered I know it had a horrible miss so the 1st thing I did was pull the plugs. While the plugs were out I did a compression test and all cylinders were at 170 but #3 was 0. I was a little pissed thinking the motor was bad, pulled the valve cover and the rocker had fallen off. I checked all the rockers and non of the poly locks were tight. I adjusted the valves and the car ran like a champ...

After some tuning from a good friend (Ben Frazer) he got rid of the banging and popping and got it ready for the track. Took it to the track and the 1st pass was a 10.43 @ 105 Letting off at the 1/8 mile. Later on in the night I went a 9.81 @ 142...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47_cF9rTDI

Throughout the night the car was a hand full to drive. If I left with boost the car was all over the track, if I left will very low boost it would go straight but pulled hard as hell to the right.

After I left the track I told the wife I was going to transfer everything to my other chassis since it was basically the same expect for the mini tubs. Over the Christmas holidays my brother and I transferred everything to this chassis:

It took us about 2 days to do the swap since I transferred everything. Fuel, gears, motor, trans, radiator, intercooler, etc...

I took it back to the track in January and the car went very straight. I ended up running a 9.79 @ 141... The video sucks, my brother claimed someone bumped him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzJuSnAMeM

Since I could not get the car too build more than 19 pounds of boost I decided to up-grade the turbo to a 88mm. I did not have time to up-grade the turbo piping at this time so I just made it work. About 4 weeks ago I went to Evadale and the fastest pass was a 9.34 @ 145 letting off at 1000' (8.6 seconds in the run), the time clocks in the left lane were not working this day. These passes are with the 88mm turbo being chocked down to 2.5" piping for the small Air/Air inter-cooler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJQC4DNIyw

Over the past few weeks I went ahead and changed all the turbo piping to 3.5" and added an Air/Water inter-cooler. My welding skills suck in general and this is the 1st time I have ever welded Alum. It looks like shit but it does not leak, I filled the pipes with water and let them sit for about 30 minutes and did not see and water seeping from the welds...

I took it out last Sunday to run to the parts store and pick up a few things to boil some crawfish. This car is a beast on pump gas. Since it has 323 gears it cruises at 60-70 easily... Running about 60mph I floored it and when the boost started coming in it started blowing the tires off. I started playing with it some and at about 50 I pulled it back to 2nd and at 1/2 throttle it started hazing the tires so I shifted to 3rd and it just got worse from there... Now it is time to start playing with the AMS, I was on a set of 26x8.5 tires.

I would like to thank my Brother for all the help he has given me on the car. If it was not for him having nothing to do and harass me about working on the car I’m sure it would not be where it is today.

Also a HUGE THANKS to Chad Rogers for all the help he has given me for the helping with the tuning. If it was not for him I would still be fighting with the car and would have ran the damn car into a telephone pole… THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, so sick. I want to build a turbo fox so bad.
I have this one for sale at the moment but I think I'm going to take it off the market. I'm building a new house here in the next few months and could use the money but I really do like the car.

Over the next few weeks I want to up-grade the cage, weld all the holes in the fire wall/floor boards, dyna mat the floors and put new black carpet in it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts