Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That's one caliber that I have consistently avoided.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,123 Posts
And the FBI is back to the 9mm I hear.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
And the FBI is back to the 9mm I hear.
I guess modern ballistics testing has confirmed that there isn't much difference between 9mm, .40, and .45. I've also read 9mm actually has better penetration.

·
Banned
16,548 Posts

·
Registered
14,864 Posts
"10mm short" ;) And I like it. :) Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Have a Glock 22. I love the round.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I need penetration I will take the Tokarev along. Carry is 9 or .380.

I have been eyeballing the .357 Sig as another to add.
That is a bad little round the .357 Sig. It's our duty ammo.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,123 Posts
I guess modern ballistics testing has confirmed that there isn't much difference between 9mm, .40, and .45. I've also read 9mm actually has better penetration.
That plus more rounds and less recoil making follow up shots easier.

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
If I need penetration I will take the Tokarev along. Carry is 9 or .380.

I have been eyeballing the .357 Sig as another to add.
Make sure you check out the price of the ammo first and are comfortable with that cost; it's pricey stuff.

Relative to the .40, I was solely into rifles at first and accumulated too many different calibers so when I finally got into handguns, I decided right from the start to keep things simple. All our handguns are 9mm or .22 for semi-autos and all our revolvers are .38/.357 mag.

Good refresher though. I had forgotten a lot of how it originated.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,123 Posts

Pretty good documentary on the fbi shoot out

Beginning is background on the perps. Shootout starts around 24:00

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bullet design has changed alot in the last 25 years. Still waiting to hear from the guy that started this thread.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485946&highlight=hand+cannon
Hear back about what :confused:
I just made the jump to the 10mm and it at least to me is a lot more violent than the Beretta FS 9mm and .45 Wilson Combat 1911 I've been shooting , plus it has more ME than the .45 and @ 1600+fps almost twice the velocity with 135 gr HP loads

·
Banned
16,548 Posts
Hear back about what :confused:
I just made the jump to the 10mm and it at least to me is a lot more violent than the Beretta FS 9mm and .45 Wilson Combat 1911 I've been shooting , plus it has more ME than the .45 and @ 1600+fps almost twice the velocity with 135 gr HP loads
i asked you a question, if a 10mm is a hand cannon in your opinion whats the 40?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I don't remember what the original Norma ammo for the 10mm was rated at in the 80's. I have a couple of cases left so I chronographed some the other day. Out of my Glock it went 1485-1510fps., my Bren 10fps faster. That's with a 170gr bullet! Good stuff back then.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts