Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
522 bbc 4 inch stroke, 4.56 bore, cola crank, scat rods with l 19 bolts, je 13 to 1 pistons with heavy duty wrist pins, Schneider solid roller cam, .904 crower severe duty lifters, manton push rods, t&d shaft rockers, worked dart pro1 345, tunnel ram with two 1050 dominators built by c&j engineering, msd 7 al3, crank trigger, moroso vac pump. It's in my jet boat. It's purpose built for nitrous. I made 911.7 at 7200. It's currently turning my impeller 7200/7300 which is perfect n/a but if I spray it I'm gonna see 8000. What do you guy's think about this thing going 8000 on the hit?

·
Registered
14,642 Posts
Spraying usually lower peak power rpm but the engine will rev wherever it revs and will be limited by whatever factor comes into play first. Might be induction, might be valve train, might not make enough power at 8000 to get you there. Power curve and impeller curve cross at some point and that's where you're engine will stop accelerating. If you have good parts and the engine is built correctly, if it does go past 8000, it shouldn't hurt anything. Also, your impeller may fall on it's face at that rpm meaning if it's not designed to run 8K, there won't be any benefit. You won't go any faster or quicker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
James Bostick built the built the engine and my weakest link in it is my scat rods. The boat pulls like a freight train Scott. Feels like it never stops pulling really. Or at least I lifted before I reached top mph. 1000 feet is where I lifted. Or there about. We've got 1000 figured out pretty good where I am in parker. Boat is still running really wet. Just changed my ride plate angle and air entrapment. Should free it up.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Jets can be tricky. It's not like you can just change a gear or prop. But, if everything is right, they are VERY QUICK.

·
Registered
66 Posts
522 bbc 4 inch stroke, 4.56 bore, cola crank, scat rods with l 19 bolts, je 13 to 1 pistons with heavy duty wrist pins, Schneider solid roller cam, .904 crower severe duty lifters, manton push rods, t&d shaft rockers, worked dart pro1 345, tunnel ram with two 1050 dominators built by c&j engineering, msd 7 al3, crank trigger, moroso vac pump. It's in my jet boat. It's purpose built for nitrous. I made 911.7 at 7200. It's currently turning my impeller 7200/7300 which is perfect n/a but if I spray it I'm gonna see 8000. What do you guy's think about this thing going 8000 on the hit?
I question the scat rod durability.I used Oliver rods in my 509 that I built in 1991,Cola,Wiseco pistons rpm'd to 8350 a few times. Tom..

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the scat h beam rods with good bolts if they have enough clearance . But I wouldn't be wanting to push it to 8 yet either . Don't know drag boats , but have had jets running 100+ . With a new to you boat would maybe a half cut bigger impeller and half the spray not be a big enough step up ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't worry too much about the scat h beam rods with good bolts if they have enough clearance . But I wouldn't be wanting to push it to 8 yet either . Don't know drag boats , but have had jets running 100+ . With a new to you boat would maybe a half cut bigger impeller and half the spray not be a big enough step up ?
Absolutely I'm definitely not going to go out and put 500 to it. Half forsure. Just had a conversation with a buddy about an impeller. I will say this. The 10 passes ive taken in the boat have been super safe. It's not a drag boat. Just a river hot rod.

·
Registered
460 Posts
nice , seems all the more reason for a little more impeller for cruising and play with the spray to get your rpm back up to where you are now .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts