Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about buying a line lock for my car

how exactly does it work and how do i use it?:confused:

i have been told you pump the brakes until it reaches enough pressure(say 600psi) then hold the button and release your foot off the brakes, which would leave 600psi locked on the front brakes?

i probably sound like a complete jackass here, but it would be nice to know and get some imput from people who know what the hell they are doing:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
sounds like you have it just about summed up. the solenoid goes in the front brake line between the master cylinder and the proportioning valve on the front brakes and just wire it up.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
thinking about buying a line lock for my car

how exactly does it work and how do i use it?:confused:

i have been told you pump the brakes until it reaches enough pressure(say 600psi) then hold the button and release your foot off the brakes, which would leave 600psi locked on the front brakes?

i probably sound like a complete jackass here, but it would be nice to know and get some imput from people who know what the hell they are doing:rolleyes:
A man with all of your knowledge and comments doesnt know how line lock works?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A man with all of your knowledge and comments doesnt know how line lock works?

when did i ever claim to be smarter then you mister glass???

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
I never had to pump the brakes on mine, I would just hold the break pedal down, press the button and it would hold fine.
i have a steeltech manual brake conversion on my car, & think i might need an adjustable prop valve. the front brakes won't hold it unless i pump it twice.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suggest you dont ever attempt a claim such a thing. It would be rather foolish. :smt082
im curious how does the line lock operate on the drawing of yours?:smt082

·
Registered
852 Posts
i have a steeltech manual brake conversion on my car, & think i might need an adjustable prop valve. the front brakes won't hold it unless i pump it twice.
The prop. valve could be the reasoning for the needing a extra pump of the peddle, Im not the best to ask about brake systems though, lol. I did have a adj. valve on my car when I ran the line lock though. I eventually took them both off the car though.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I cant even remember the people who owe me money from last week much less stupid ancient shit like that. Your both tools if your still hangin on to shit that old..
give it a rest... have a bud... watch the game..... :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts