Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having line lock installed on my car. I'm thinking of putting the button on my shifter handle. That way I can press and hold the button and shift into 2nd while doing my burnout.

I've never used link lock before in my life. Anyone have any tips for me on how to use it properly. It's new to me. I'm use to just mashing the brake and gas at the same time. :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have mine on a cord and button that was from a hospital call for help button..lol. Mine I just hold and bump the shifer up. I have to pump my brakes two or three times to get it to hold the front. let go of brake and mash gas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i put mine next to the shifter,i also had it on a toggle switch which people either like or dont but i like it

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
I've got 2 buttons on the right side of my steering wheel, one is for the line lock, one is for the transbrake. I can operate either with my left hand while my right hand is on the shifter.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
One car - button on the shifter.
Second car - button on left side of steering wheel.

I have no preference since I do my burnouts in high gear anyway.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i have mine on a t handle that is bolted to the side of my seat, kind of by my hip. i do the burn out in 2nd so no need to shift

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I've got 2 buttons on the right side of my steering wheel, one is for the line lock, one is for the transbrake. I can operate either with my left hand while my right hand is on the shifter.

You drive with your LEFT hand on the RIGHT side of the steering wheel, while your right hand is on the shifter?!?!?!? You crazy!:)

Mine is on the shifter handle, wouldn't want it any other place.

Craig

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the button on the top of my Hurst shifter. Mash the breaks, hold down the button and shift 1-2. Let off the button and roll up to the line.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
i've never used a line lock in my life.
huh?? what ya do a burnout like a top fuel car??:rolleyes:

for me mines mounted on my shifter, so i can shift from 2nd to third easy...been that way ever since i put a line lock on my car.

·
Registered
941 Posts
on the shifter handle.
1.pump brake 3-4 times
2.push line lock button
3.push brake 1 last time
4. matt the gas and shift
5. let off line lock button
6. stage car

·
Registered