Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help guys...my friend has a 69 camaro with drum brakes in the front & a jegs line lock.... line lock holds while car is in the air & on the ground, but when we go to burnout the linelock wont hold the front tires just roll with the car.....brakes are properly adjusted...... please help

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
try pumping the brakes after engaging linelock?

need some help guys...my friend has a 69 camaro with drum brakes in the front & a jegs line lock.... line lock holds while car is in the air & on the ground, but when we go to burnout the linelock wont hold the front tires just roll with the car.....brakes are properly adjusted...... please help

·
Something Creative
2,621 Posts
try pumping the brake THEN press the line lock !
This^^^^ I have a 69 camaro with drum brakes. It always holds when I do that.

Or like I am doing, ditch the shitty drum brakes for some nice discs!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
realy ? pushing after you engage the button ? that seems to me that the solinoid is bypassing ....i think.hell if it works thats great.i try to stay away from the house brand stuff if i can.its just worth the extra dollar to get the better part somtimes.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I pump my brakes up several times then turn on the line lock while my foot is on the brake. It seems if you do it after turning it on the fluid woud just hit the solenoid and not go into the caliper. The only way this would work is if there were a check valve in there, right?

·
Aggressive Mediocrity
10,026 Posts
thats the only way mine works too. just takes one after the button is depressed.
I'm not doubting you, but that just doesn't make any sense :smt119 When you pump the brakes, the only thing I can imagine must be happening is you're lifting the needle valve and letting additional fluid pass through to the caliper. You might want a better line lock or be in need of a rebuild?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I pump my brakes up several times then turn on the line lock while my foot is on the brake. It seems if you do it after turning it on the fluid woud just hit the solenoid and not go into the caliper. The only way this would work is if there were a check valve in there, right?
thats what i do.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
realy ? pushing after you engage the button ? that seems to me that the solinoid is bypassing ....i think.hell if it works thats great.i try to stay away from the house brand stuff if i can.its just worth the extra dollar to get the better part somtimes.
If you've ever taken a line lock apart you would see how the valve works, they are all the same. It is a needle type configuration like in a carb and when enguaged it simply prevents fluid from back flowing. It has a spring behind it so when you step on the brakes it alows fluid to pass and then pushes the plunger back. It is only magnetic and would never be able to hold against the pressure of the peddal being pushed.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If you've ever taken a line lock apart you would see how the valve works, they are all the same. It is a needle type configuration like in a carb and when enguaged it simply prevents fluid from back flowing. It has a spring behind it so when you step on the brakes it alows fluid to pass and then pushes the plunger back. It is only magnetic and would never be able to hold against the pressure of the peddal being pushed.

So if you push the pedal after it's engaged fluid will pass through but won't come back out?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
well i be damn.i learned something new today.thanks.im gonna try that next time to see if that works on mine.ive never had a problem engaging it after i hold the pedal.but im courious to see if it works.

·
T/S 368E
32,922 Posts
try pumping the brake THEN press the line lock !
It does no good to pump against a closed valve, the fluid can't reach the calipers.

I have always pumped 3 times and engaged the solenoid on the 3rd pump.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts