Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEADING THE FREAK PARADE!
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Lincoln LS 3.0 l V6 with DTC P2107 and P2110

can someone point me in the right direction.

I have read up on the wiring issue with the PCM and checked it out with out finding any problems.

Is there a more common fix that I could try.

Thank you
Norm

·
Registered
1 Posts
You also need to check the ignition coils. If you have a bad one it could cause rf interference and cause those same codes.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Chances are it is a coil and not the throttle body!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Norm,
These engines are known for the valve cover gaskets leaking oil into the spark plug chambers and causing the coil on plugs to misfire (like said above) and cause these codes. Check for oil before spending the money on a coil or it may come back shortly.. The plug will also need to be replaced due to carbon tracing (oil seeps through the plug and burns, leaving the carbon)

·
Registered
576 Posts
i got 20yrs of torture under my belt-lol......everybody is correct.probibly a throttle body though.keep in mind the rf/ignition interference deal-the coil does'nt have to create a miss or have oil in its hole to create interference,it's shielding can be bad and emit the interference with no other issues-almost impossible to find except swap in 1 new coil to all cylinders 1 at a time....good luck.also there is a pcm update that should be done also,not just the throttle body.happy motoring.....:)

·
Registered
576 Posts
forgot 1 more issue-the dccv(dual coolant control valve) can also give off RF interference............depending on the year more times than not there will be codes for the electronic parking brake also present...........:).....no this job is'nt much fun anymore!!lol

·
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the replies. I tried the throttle body and it made no difference.

I did do a tune up on it a few weeks ago because after it rains it runs like shit. All the plugs on the driver side were full of water> i guess I will start replacing the coil packs on that side since I dont have to take the intake off.

Thanks again for the help. I wanted to wait for the 2011 Mustang with the new rade this thing in but I might just pull the trigger on a 2010

·
Registered
576 Posts
thanks for all the replies. I tried the throttle body and it made no difference.

I did do a tune up on it a few weeks ago because after it rains it runs like shit. All the plugs on the driver side were full of water> i guess I will start replacing the coil packs on that side since I dont have to take the intake off.

Thanks again for the help. I wanted to wait for the 2011 Mustang with the new rade this thing in but I might just pull the trigger on a 2010
dude u left that part out!!!............make sure u use OE plugs too-otherwise your askin' 4 trouble!!!

·
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude u left that part out!!!............make sure u use OE plugs too-otherwise your askin' 4 trouble!!!
I know. I wasnt thinking of it when I posted. I have only used oe stuff when working on this thing.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
. All the plugs on the driver side were full of water> i guess I will start replacing the coil packs on that side since I dont have to take the intake off.
Was it water or coolant? Depending on the year the coolant is gold & can easily be mistaken for water. Have seen a freeze plug in the spark plug valley's rust out & leak coolant. Did one last week, drivers side, between 6&7 I believe.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
^^^^Sorry, meant to say the freeze plug should be between 5&6. Either way both heads have freeze plugs in the spak plug valley.^^^^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts