Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
May not be how she's holding it...Could be an upper body strength/weight thing. Keep an eye on her arms and upper body when the gun goes off.

When you tried limp wristing it, I'm sure your arms and upper body were still subconsciously tightened up just like normal...a muscle memory thing.

Good little drill for that, please make sure you are safe doing this, load a spent cartridge in the chamber, let the slide go home and watch how she reacts. You will have your answer.
Better yet, put a snap cap in the magazine a few rounds down and dont tell her. That was she shoots 2 or 3 live rounds and then she tries to shoot the cap. That will REALLY clue you in on any anticipation.

As long as the cap feeds correctly. ;)

Better yet, put a snap cap in the magazine a few rounds down and dont tell her. That was she shoots 2 or 3 live rounds and then she tries to shoot the cap. That will REALLY clue you in on any anticipation.

As long as the cap feeds correctly. ;)
The guy that was training me did this. Wanted to correct a flinch I had. It worked. Now when I start to wonder if I'm flinching I load a spent or snap cap to see.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Update:
Finally made it back to the range. Mt sister and brother in law recently purchase handguns as well. Hers a Sig 9mm his a desert eagle .45.
Wife got somewhat better. Sister fired one magazine thru and caught almost every spent casing with slide.
Guys had no problems with XD9. Girls had no problems with Sig or .45.
I noticed the XD ejects casings just inches up and right when fired. Both other handguns ejected well clear of gun.
It appears that if you allow recoil up and right you risk catching spent casing.
When wife did better she allowed recoil to left. Guys, with the added strength don't allow that much recoil.
Slide on XD is by far the hardest of the 3. Girls had an extremely dificult time chambering a round.
In the end, the XD is now mine and wife will go shopping again. We both now have more info to help with the next purchase.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.