Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the max Compression/Jet you woud want on e-85

13:1 Sbf .30 jet too much?

Who are yall sending carbs to for Conversion.

Besides cost why would/would'nt you want to do this.

Did a quick search and didnt find anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Subscribed......:-Rock<---just because it looked cool....

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive read some were nitrous and e-85 is like butt budies together and others say its a no no. So what is it yellow bullet!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ive read some were nitrous and e-85 is like butt budies together and others say its a no no. So what is it yellow bullet!

I have personally sprayed a lot of nitrous in the past 3 years on E85 and haven't so much as even taken the sharp edge off a ground strap. On the other hand I know of 1 BBC that was running killer on 275HP shot then tried to bump it up a touch to 300 and melted it but from looking at the parts it actually looked like it just didn't have enough fuel for the amount of timing used...he upped the fuel jet like 1 size and upped the nitrous jet 3 sizes and didn't take any additional timing out and dropped FP 1/4 pd...wasn't my idea.

FWIW that motor is like 13.5-1 comp.

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
We have done a 4500 "no jet" big shot plate with a trash can on a 13:1 comp 565 with good luck.... makes good power and pretty easy to tune so far. This is on pump E85.

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is your combo in the chevelle? What about kracker's fairmont?

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
This is your combo in the chevelle? What about kracker's fairmont?

Yes... Im not sure what jet Kracker has.. think a 120.. but yes he is also on pump E85. Think he went a 5.27 ... I went back to a 120 jet... didn't make much difference at all really.

·
Registered
582 Posts
^^ nice.

Of course the fuel will be different, how so for the timing?

I am running the same timing retard as you would for gas and I use NX high pressure tune ups.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
winner winner chicken dinner...alot of the better gasoline carb builders havent figured out this tune up yet....
they keep telling people to run cold plugs because their calibration wont support a hotter plug.....and it could also be why they say it will detonate above 12.5: 1 compression while im building street driven carburetors on BBM that are running over 14.5:1 compression.

I built a pair of Dominators for a 672 inch ford mustang with a truck load of spray running 32* timing and a NGK -7 plug...new best ET of 3.91 @197.
but then again.....im giving the engine what it wants to go fast.

Pre ignition with the coldest burning ALCOHOL ...are you serious?
Ethanol is extreemly hard to light....thats why they put the 15% gas in it....to make it fire.

you guys should really listen to me when I say I know E85....its not like any other fuel and cant be tuned the same way.....
I have done Carburetors for track champions ( circle, mud and drag) NHRA Division 2 super pro and circle track series Champions, back to back to back super chevy true street wins, and we working towards a world champion bracket racer this November.

Mark Sullens E85 Carburetors.
Wierd

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
Im not goin say whats right or wrong.... all I know is what we are doing seems to be on the right track. I started lean and low on timing and work with both up to the point the engine doesn't like anymore of either in which I haven't got to yet... Work in progress. And thank you Steve for the help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts