Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new project, but I don't want to build something that 10,000 other people have done. (Ls foxbody) what other light RWD platforms are out there? I've found a few '86 corollas on craigslist. Seems like a decent platform for an ls swap, that got me to thinking what else is out there. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
For what purpose? You might find that a short wheelbase car isn't the best project.

E36 makes for a cool swap project though.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I think it comes down to what aftermarket support is available and how cheaply parts can be had as well. Lots of guys build foxes or G-bodies becasue parts are plentiful, and cheap.

I'd still like to build a twin turbo box caprice brougham. Brown. Column shift, bench seat, the whole shooting match. And be stupid quick.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Just put a straight axle under it......instant cool ...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I always thought a Fiero V-8 conversion would be fun. Back in the '60's Dad put a 283 & Powerglide in an Austin-Healey - that was cool.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a fun street strip car. Just something for messing with people on the weekends. I have no problem breaking out the grinder and welder. So aftermarket support dosnt mean much to me. Just seen a little VW truck online..... If you could v8 swap one and keep it looking stock it could be a fun little truck.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts