Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to save some weight in my car. I currently run one 540 cca battery in the car with a single wire 100amp alternator. Battery weights 35 lbs, never had any issues with it. Was wondering if switching to this battery http://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/batteries/b2015/specs would be worth the 20 lb savings and would it be up to the task. My car is a sbf on a singal system (fogger) fastest its been is 5.50 @127 2950lbs trying to get to around 2900 lbs cheaply. Does anyone have any expirence with these batteries and how good are they. Thanks mike

·
Registered
862 Posts
What comp ratio is the motor? I had a similar battery on my car when it had a stock LT1 motor in it, and it worked ok. Started fine, but if you need to run the watter pump, or anything to cool the motor down the battery would be dead in no time. I ended up putting in a regular size battery, so that i could run the water pump/fan etc after each pass.

A few days ago I tryed to hook up the small battery to my current motor "14-1 comp ratio". I had it on the charger for about 2 hours to make sure it was ready to. Voltage was at 12.5, tryed to crank the motor, and it would not crank. Attemped to start the motor 2 times, and then cheched the output on the battery, and it was already down to 10.5V.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
We juste changed out two 16V batteries on our '02 Camaro (total weight 84#) to a 9# Lithium battery. We have no alternator, but two stages of n20, water pump, fan, lights, gauges, shifter, etc. to run...no issues at all...$1400 for combo battery & battery charger...wnet with upper end 1200v option. Net 75# off the weight of the car.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey Fo Fo, sorry to break into the thread... Any picks of you're 69 Camaro? I'm putting on a new hood with scoop.. On my Nova...Thanks Shake-n-bake...

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
We've been running a 6 lb LithiumPros battery for the last year. It cranks over our 762ci nitrous engine with ease plus runs all the other stuff. It charges in about 10 minutes. While servicing the car in the pits I plug another battery in to run everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts