Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put some drag radials on my car 315/60 mt tires and the car is pretty light somewhere around 2800 maybe a lil less at race weight. anybody have luck with drag radials at this weight? i know they work great on heavy cars but never seen many people use them with light cars. also what tire pressure should i start with? i had 16lbs and did a lil burnout and only has about a 6in patch seems way to small for that big of a tire.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
How much of a burnout? My fresh 275 m/t's had maybe a 3" wide patch on a real light 1st gear throttle whack with 18psi of pressure. I went back, used the line lock, did a proper burnout and its a nice wide patch now...didnt measure exactly but looks right for a 275....just a thought.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much of a burnout? My fresh 275 m/t's had maybe a 3" wide patch on a real light 1st gear throttle whack with 18psi of pressure. I went back, used the line lock, did a proper burnout and its a nice wide patch now...didnt measure exactly but looks right for a 275....just a thought.
it was a decent one, and then i made a few passes up and down the street and tire still dont look any wider than a 7in slick if that. i have 0 experience with these tires and from what i heard about them you were supposed to run quite a bit of air pressure in them, but it looks like im gonna be down to where i run slicks at. i guess whatever works and will find out when i go to the track. right now im not to impressed with them.

thats why i was concerned about the cars weight, i know drag radial cars usually run a min weight and this is a grudge car and i havent really seen any fast grudge cars with a drag radial, and im pretty sure sam vincent didnt like them but he makes way way more power than i do but just dont see many light cars use them

·
Registered
713 Posts
take some chalk draw a line across the tire from side wall to side wall where the tred starts and adjust the tire pressure till your using almost the whole line with out cupping the tire

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
put some drag radials on my car 315/60 mt tires and the car is pretty light somewhere around 2800 maybe a lil less at race weight. anybody have luck with drag radials at this weight? i know they work great on heavy cars but never seen many people use them with light cars. also what tire pressure should i start with? i had 16lbs and did a lil burnout and only has about a 6in patch seems way to small for that big of a tire.
The lighter the better and 16 psi is a perfect place to start. Don't over think it. Go to the track and run it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
where did you get this hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been looking for one like this for almost a year and have found one nowhere...please help ha

·
Registered
908 Posts
ok well all my stuff is four lug, but I love the way your car looks, I have an 82' hatch that will soon have an aluminum headed, 351 windsor, might put a good sized plate system on it, and let it roll, make it a bad street car

·
Registered
326 Posts
I only have a 8inch rim on mine with a mickeys 275-60 radial and I run 16psi in mine. they work great out of about 45 runs on the tires I have only blew the tires off about 4 times.I dont have the big power like alot of guys that run them but they have already out lasted my hoosier quick time pros by ten runs.

·
Registered
49,432 Posts
If they won't hook try throwing some ballast in the trunk. I bet 20-45lbs makes a bunch of difference.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Off subject, but did you have to cut the bottom of your wheel wells to fit those? Sorry for being of subject.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts