Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running an all aluminum Sbf with an f2 anything over 20lbs and the heads lift. 35 + passes and it pressurizes the cooling system.... That infamous spray on the windshield. It's a world block withe cometics any thoughts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Whats your inlet temps thats what was causing mine to lift,i wasnt precooling the intercooler.When i started precooling the intercooler mine stoped lifting the heads.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
1/2" is the biggest they come on a SBF. I've never seen ayone try to go bigger. I never TQ less than 115 on the long studs, 125 if its a real long stud.
I wonder if ARP makes a Custome AGE material head stud for a SBF like they do for the diesel heads. I'm building a 6.0 with them right now. $1,200 lol.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
1/2" is the biggest they come on a SBF. I've never seen ayone try to go bigger. I never TQ less than 115 on the long studs, 125 if its a real long stud.
I wonder if ARP makes a Custome AGE material head stud for a SBF like they do for the diesel heads. I'm building a 6.0 with them right now. $1,200 lol.
ARP does have them in different materials sometimes, just have to call them with lengths you need and see if they can find something on shelf. I have ARP 2000 studs on top of mine, just had to stack a couple washers to make them work cause they were a little too long.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
ARP does have them in different materials sometimes, just have to call them with lengths you need and see if they can find something on shelf. I have ARP 2000 studs on top of mine, just had to stack a couple washers to make them work cause they were a little too long.
Yeah they dont make a set for my heads but I was able to meaeure what I needed and order them individually. Worked out great!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
ARP 9/16 with brand new Bennett Highports. Flatout gaskets wire and receiver groove. I will say 20lb should hold on SBF but like said 125 with moly

So the block side is 1/2" and the heads are opened up to 9/16" ?

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
You dont really think its a undercut stud? Come on now its all 9/16 even the block. I still only torque 130 they will handle lot more but i will never have to worry about bent studs again. A1 technology makes H11 sbf head studs but i was told they are going out of business

1 - 20 of 24 Posts