Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a comp retrofit hydraulic roller cam kit in my Buick...This past spring I hurt the motor and I am just getting it back together, but I have run into a problem.

While setting the preload with my roller rockers I noticed that roughly half of the lifter plungers are stuck in the up position. I set all the rockers and went back to some of the stuck ones and tapped on the adjuster screw to try and free them up with no luck.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get them freed up, or do you think that when they get warm and have hot oil flowing they will free up on their own??

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dammit not the answer I was hoping for. I've never had a lifter apart so definitely not something I wanna try on my own, and no time to ship back and forth to Comp and wait for info. Guess I'll go out there and see what I can do with them, ugh.

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Try running them down till you have half of your spring height against them......then watch them close, they are likely pumped up with oil......it will bleed down with some spring pressure on them.....atleast it does for me.....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
when we used to make those we flowed each lifter for leak down rate then sorted them by leak time with 300 lbs on them

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try running them down till you have half of your spring height against them......then watch them close, they are likely pumped up with oil......it will bleed down with some spring pressure on them.....atleast it does for me.....
Thanks man, that solved it! I thought they were stuck so I tapped on them, you hit the nail on the head they still had oil in them so they needed steady pressure to force it out and now they are all good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts