Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I expecting too much? Haven’t paid much attention to other cars on lifts but do they normally lift level?

·
Registered
121 Posts
.Measure from ground to position of each arm to check if different side to side. Usually the cables have some adjustment on the ends.

Might unload car from it and run it up and down fully a couple of time then try again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,410 Posts
OP - is your slab level? Serious question. Look at your pic.

·
Regulator
35,590 Posts
While we're lookin at stuff! The conduit is crooked also!
The oil is level!!

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
When you lower to locks does it even out or does it stay crooked? The arms look more even than the car. Lifting from wonky spots underneath?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The slab is not perfectly level, when arms are fully down one set rubs the ground and the other set is like an inch or two off the ground..

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you lower to locks does it even out or does it stay crooked? The arms look more even than the car. Lifting from wonky spots underneath?
Stays crooked... lifting from the same spots on both sides.. the passenger side front arm seems to be angled down harder than the rest of them

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
.Measure from ground to position of each arm to check if different side to side. Usually the cables have some adjustment on the ends.

Might unload car from it and run it up and down fully a couple of time then try again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Should I do this with a car on it or off it?

·
Registered
24,410 Posts
look at the water
"Surf's Up?!!!" :p

OP - Intent is to help you get it level like you want...sort thru the typical TOBT commentary and answers you seek may be found in the mix. ;)

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Someone sprayed black paint on your license plate.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Adjust the cable, easy to do and should be done every time a lift is installed. Over time they will stretch slightly and need readjusted as well.

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
Stays crooked... lifting from the same spots on both sides.. the passenger side front arm seems to be angled down harder than the rest of them
Did you put shims in the pads to make them level against the concrete?

Looking at it again, you're right. And the whole thing seems to be listing with the concrete pad, which puts the ends of the arms at different heights.

When my lifts were installed the installer used plastic wedges with the anchors to shim and level the base of each side first.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts