Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a new Strange 9" with back brace in our ol Firebird a few years ago. Went with an aluminum center with a 4.30 pro gear, I believe they were Motive gears, all new stuff. What's the life expectancy in a 3300lb 750hp footbrake car ???. Haven't had the center out since we put it together but its still tight and quiet. We have just shy of 1000 runs, since the swap. Do the pro gears just wear out or do they break ???

Kinda feeling guilty, never got near this numbers of runs out of a 12 bolt or 8-3/4 mopar rear ………...

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
You might want to inspect it for cracks and check back lash. If no apparent issue and back lash has increased, just bring the back lash back to original setting. Also check pinion preload.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,356 Posts
Bob, my guy told me when the car gets harder to roll on flat ground the pro gears are starting to bend and it's time to take it apart and check them out. I put 1500 passes on my 4.30 Pro Gears, and there were a bunch of nitrous passes along the way, they were 100% perfect when I put the 4.88's in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts