Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda curious to know if anyone else has had any issues with them lately..

Now I'm a very laid back kinda guy, I dont expect things done as soon as I say it, just so long as it gets done I'm happy..

Back in March I trashed my TKO500, this trans has had 12 passes total, and has grenaded twice.. This trans didnt come from Liberty, but from another well known company. I got the parts through this company the first time, the 2nd time I decided to have Liberty do the work on the parts I needed ( I suspect this is where the parts originally came from in the first place, since the "middle man" company basicly raped me first go round, I desided I didnt want anymore of that.....

So I asked Liberty to modify the parts I needed ( 3rd-4th gears, face plated, cluster shaft, main shaft, all cryo treated. Drill input shaft for magnet, a alum bearing retainer with bung for sensor. Small parts kit, etc etc ).....

I stayed in contact with them, in July I was contacted by someone else, saying the person I had been dealing with was terminated.. Nobody had a damn clue what I needed, so I had to tell the guy what all I was having done.. He said the last guy wasnt gettin the job done, so they brought him in....

Well, last week I was contacted by another person. He said he had a bin full of parts, with my name on it and no other info. Said the last guy was terminated for not getting the job done, and said that he'd get my stuff done quickly since it had been sitting there since March....

I dont know whether to tell um to shove it or what I should do.. I was only able to make 4 passes this yr, I wasnt in a hurry because summer time for me, I dont get to race due to being crazy busy, but I hit it pretty hard starting around September.. I made 2 races last yr, 4 passes this yr, in 2 fuckin yrs I've made 8 passes..

I'm a die hard manual trans guy, I fuckin love um.. Yeah they are a pain in the ass, but still....... This whole fuckin deal has honestly made me think very hard about going to a auto.. The worst part is, what I'm getting ready to do to the car, that trans wont hold ( fuck, it didnt hold what I had before LMFAO! ).. I'm half tempted to tell them to ship the parts I sent them back, and to fuck off..

Whats really bad is I've seen posts on here with guys saying they screwed something up, and Liberty had their parts shipped to them within a few days.. I hate to bash a company, but this is fuckin rediculous.

And who knows if the parts I asked for, and paying for are actually what they are supposed to be? I suspect that the first round of parts I ordered weren't cryo treated, I asked for them to be micro polished, and they didnt do it.. Chances are, the same fuckin thing will happen here.

Who else out there can supply me with parts for this POS? I'd like to build the trans again, and sell it ( to somone making less power than I am ). I'm way upside down on this thing, I'd like to recoop a small fraction of it, instead of taking 9K in the ass ( about where it's at now :smt103 )

·
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, thats funny, my throat is a little dry too, been doin the same shit.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cant say i've had any problem with liberty in the PAST. Got everything back to my quickly without question. Since its been there that long (which is crazy!) and it now wont hold the power see what they will do for you. Plead your case and maybe they will cut you a super deal so when you get it back you can just sell it off and take less of a hit. Pretty shitty on there part though.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Just giving you shit Colt!! I know a couple guys that run Jericos, work pretty damn well, ever thought about one?

·
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jerico, yeah LMAO, I came within a phone call away from ordering one when I was talked into this turd.. Not too smart huh? :rolleyes:

Actually at the time the TKO was exactly what I needed, built about as far as one can be taken, should have held up fine. Keeping the OD and keeping the car very streetable was my thing, even though the car hasnt legally seen the road in about 9 yrs..

I've got to put a lot of thought into what I'm going to do next with a trans... I might just end up giving a auto a try.. Hell even if I dont care for it, and I take it all out, shove it in the corner, it would still be cheaper than this ordeal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Brad is definitely the guy you want to talk to, but if you have that much tied up in a trans that wont hold ur power then why don't you try getting a clutchless Liberty that'll hold anything you throw at it?

·
Mike
7,662 Posts
Don't have it in yet but I just bought a GForce GF5R. You can go deep on the trans gears and light on the rear gear(ratios) Mine is set up to race as a 4 spd and 5th for the street.

·
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brad is definitely the guy you want to talk to, but if you have that much tied up in a trans that wont hold ur power then why don't you try getting a clutchless Liberty that'll hold anything you throw at it?

I'll give him a shout...... The plan was to get one of their clutchless transmissions, I talked with them about it in April.. Told them I wanted to run this trans till the end of the season ( buffer the wallet a bit ) then pick up one of their trans after the season... But hell after this crap, I'm not so sure that buying a trans from them is a good idea..

One of the things that really drives me nuts is the clutch setup in the car, that'll be a shit load of money down the drain..

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's the spirit! Quick fuckin' with that clutch pedal LOL! If that TKO can't handle a E6 headed 302, just imagine the pain and suffering you'll have with a big inch Windsor! :cool:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
have had liberty lsc 5000 with no problems and steped up to there equalizer this yr. they are great, never any problems. i do think they are alittle understaffed but do anything the to get the best quality out there. run with the prostick org. and anyone with a liberty never have issues but the guys with gforces all have spares and have to use them frequantly. so thats saying something to me

·
Go Phuck youself
12,350 Posts
dana 60 liberty equlizer 4 speed 11 clutch sindered iron bbc 8500 out of the hole 3400# 14.5 tires never broke just some maint. on sliders and dogs. easy to work on to. All the other stuff breaks they reley on slipping clutches to keep them together. I run 3200# single plate

·
Go Phuck youself
12,350 Posts
dana 60 liberty equlizer 4 speed 11 clutch sindered iron bbc 8500 out of the hole 3400# 14.5 tires never broke just some maint. on sliders and dogs. easy to work on to. All the other stuff breaks they reley on slipping clutches to keep them together. I run 3200# single plate
you just have to ask some of us old fucks that beening loven it and doing it for 40 years. Everybody else feeds ya a line of shit with there 1800 or less plates. When your cranking out the HP like the prostockers then you worry about tire shake and play. No trans is any better then the drive so fuck that bullshit on autos are better in consistentcy.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,350 Posts

The liberty clutchless equlizer is based on the truck road ranger 10 speed fuller transmission design, the main shaft floats between two clusters shafts yea two of them thats why is sideways looking trans. all other shit breaks.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
We run a PRO MOD extreme in our 3250 pound truck with a PSI Screwcharger making well over 3000 hp . We leave on the two step with AWD and The Liberty laughs at the abuse we give it . Craig and Tennan are great and their trans is one Bad Sum-Bitch .

1 - 20 of 76 Posts