Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I had a 14t blade on my bandsaw and it cuts nice. Then hit it with the belt sander after.

X2. Just did this today. Also hit it with some 80 grit on a sanding block to make everything nice and even.

·
Registered
223 Posts
since this already a thread about lexan, i'm going to ask a question here instead of starting a new thread.

anybody use a heat gun (or other method) to mold lexan against the factory glass on a car that they don't make windows for. i'm trying to end up with a rather "stock" appearance?

scott

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
What kind of car? Lexan bends quite easily and the screws around the perimeter do a good job of holding the shape of the curves.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Lexan can be heated in an oven and molded....it very easy....if you have a big enough oven. It has to be heated evenly, and melts easily, so a heat gun is probably not going to work out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When I use a sabre saw I cover the base with masking tape to protect the lexan.
If you heat the lexan too hot you will get bubles in it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
since this already a thread about lexan, i'm going to ask a question here instead of starting a new thread.

anybody use a heat gun (or other method) to mold lexan against the factory glass on a car that they don't make windows for. i'm trying to end up with a rather "stock" appearance?...Car is a 94 Probe

I wouldn't be so sure no one makes a "stock" window for a 94 Probe. Pro Glass has been making mar-resistant Lexan windows for almost 30 years! In fact, they were the ones who started it all. I've known Bob Mayerle, the owner of the company for a long time and he sponsored Bob Glidden for over a decade and Glidden ran a Probe. I'd bet Bob (Pro Glass) has the mold to make a new windshield or any other window on the car for that matter. If he doesn't have the window mold in stock, he can make one from an existing window or pattern.

Here's their contact info:
Pro Glass
630-553-3141
www.proglasswindows.com

All the best,

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts