Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need weatherstrip wise to put the front and rear window in my Malibu? I want to reinstall the trim so I don't want it flush with the body.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
A 5/16 thick real firm rubber will work.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I don't remember where I got the stiff I used on my Nova. Seems like it was a closed cell material I used. I drilled then taped the windshield bed then used machine screws to install mine. The screws are under the moldings so you don't see them. I'll guess I spaced them about 6 inches or so. You can't really tighten them up much or it deforms the lexan and it looks like crap. Might try McMaster Carr.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Bickel sells a kit for $49. and it has the screws and everything. I was just looking for something else and ran across them in his catalog.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Dont forget to drill the holes a touch oversize so the lexan doesnt get in a bind when the body moves, if you dont it will crack....

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
S&W makes a kit as well.Im sure someone will chime in .I thought I seen a thread on here but it was a while ago.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Mcmaster Carr.....

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
There is a link to a lexan install we did a few years back in my sig if you want to see it. Prob alittle more involved than what you are looking to do, but you might get some ideas. Good luck with your project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts