Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys prefer to use??

And what are most thought about oxgenated race fuels?

Is there a difference? and what et changes have you seen?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
What do you guys prefer to use??

And what are most thought about oxgenated race fuels?

Is there a difference? and what et changes have you seen?
A lot of guys are using Competition Race Fuels . As good ( and in most cases better ) than any brand of race fuels for a lot less money than most .
All brands of oxygenated fuels make more power , but you also have to use more of it , and it isn't legal in some racing series . And you shouldn't leave any brand of oxygenated fuel in the system between races .

Mike Croley
dist. for Competition Race Fuels

·
Registered
247 Posts
... And you shouldn't leave any brand of oxygenated fuel in the system between races .

Mike Croley
dist. for Competition Race Fuels
First, I don't mean to threadjack but the quoted statement above is something I hadn't heard and need explained.

I'm new to running oxygenated race fuel, my supplier changed from Renegade to VP over the winter. I was running the Renegade 112 but bought VP113 this spring. Didn't know anything about oxygenated fuels so I read about it on VP's website where they say the VP113 is oxygenated to "street gas levels". I came here and read numerous threads where VP113 and Q16 were discussed and never saw anyone mention removing the fuel from the system between races.

If VP113 is oxygenated to "street gas levels" and we don't have to remove street gas from our cars if we park them for a week then why do we need to remove the fuel from our race car fuel systems? Not trying to say this is wrong, just wanting to know why?

Thanks, Al.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I call it erring on the side of caution . Draining the oxygenated fuel between races is because many of the fuel fittings and lines in race cars are aluminum . Also , o-rings in the fuel systems aren't always compatible . Fuel cell foam can also be destroyed if it isn't designated safe for Methanol or Ethanol . Passenger cars that use pump gas don't really have any of these problems , their fuel systems are already compatible . Again , better safe than sorry .

·
Registered
769 Posts
So do I have to take out the c 16 out of my car if I don't use it for a while like a month or 2

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
So do I have to take out the c 16 out of my car if I don't use it for a while like a month or 2
C16 is not oxygenated, however Q16 is. Its always better for ANY fuel to be stored in a completely sealed conatiner when not in use. But the effects that would happen in a month or 2 on a non oxygenated fuel is probably slim to none.

Secondly like Mike said its Always better to be safe than sorry. Exp, when it prevents anyone coming back and saying it was the fuels fault. They have it clearly marked.

But on the other hand, i have a customer who is also a great friend ....leave Q16 sit in his tank for over a month and run almost identical ET as he did the month before. And were talking 7 second runs, not a 12 second car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts