Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can such be done to an Edelbrock pro port head perhaps ??

Ricky.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Can such be done to an Edelbrock pro port head perhaps ??

Ricky.

yep its a good head!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yea I cringe every time I slide a 11/32 Ferrea (even hollow stem) in the guide at 2.150 install with a 1355H spring. LOL..

This next engine is getting a 60mm core. That should be interesting..

Here is a set of Dart irons with 2.200.. Looks all spring!

that beast must need a pretty special rocker bar to get valve/rocker geometry correct...
Why such crazy spring pressures with only 8000rpm?? Has anyone spintron these combos?? I would think at 8000 rpm less spring and less deflection would be an advantage??

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
that beast must need a pretty special rocker bar to get valve/rocker geometry correct...
Why such crazy spring pressures with only 8000rpm?? Has anyone spintron these combos?? I would think at 8000 rpm less spring and less deflection would be an advantage??
You will NEVER get those guys to take off spring pressure. You could show them, prove it, and they still wouldn't. I have a few with .950 lift.

Yea the bar is thicker and it took us a couple tries to get it right from Jesel.

I could talk my one guy into spinning it, but not sure he would go for the no spring pressure. We have talked about it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You will NEVER get those guys to take off spring pressure. You could show them, prove it, and they still wouldn't. I have a few with .950 lift.

Yea the bar is thicker and it took us a couple tries to get it right from Jesel.

I could talk my one guy into spinning it, but not sure he would go for the no spring pressure. We have talked about it.
Wow. Interesting. Lol. .950” really shows there is HP to be found in extra lift even after head stops pulling

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wow. Interesting. Lol. .950” really shows there is HP to be found in extra lift even after head stops pulling
Agreed! It's crazy to me. Just when I think I figured something out, I get involved in a 355 Super Stock engine and come to the conclusion it's not possible! Amazing engines. No vacuum pump. 780 Holleys on a few combos. All ran the Victor E, then Edelbrock discontinued it. The last one I did was a 300-25 that I extended the dividers. I did a Victor E, Motown, and 300-25 all for a dyno session. Should be interesting!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Agreed! It's crazy to me. Just when I think I figured something out, I get involved in a 355 Super Stock engine and come to the conclusion it's not possible! Amazing engines. No vacuum pump. 780 Holleys on a few combos. All ran the Victor E, then Edelbrock discontinued it. The last one I did was a 300-25 that I extended the dividers. I did a Victor E, Motown, and 300-25 all for a dyno session. Should be interesting!
I have tested at 3 of those intake on a 355 with sportsman 2 heads 8000rpm. The Motown made the best average power and stronger TQ numbers. But all 3 were within 8hp

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Chad, how do you think one of those super stock oval type intake ports would work on a Vortec head?.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

I can tell you most super stock small block Chevrolets are well past 8K rpm at the stripe. I shift my 327 super stock engine at 8000 rpm and on a good pass with good air will see 9000 at the stripe. that's 130+ MPH with a 6.17 rear gear and a 101.5 roll out radial tire. I would guess that a top of the line engine could be even higher rpm. My heads are factory 041 castings 1.94/1.5 valves 165 CC intake and 65 CC exhaust volume. They are oval port and exhaust are raised D port configuration. The cam I have is a 50mm core with .445 lobe w/ 1.8 intake rockers. I run the Manley Nextec triples @ 350 seat

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I can tell you most super stock small block Chevrolets are well past 8K rpm at the stripe. I shift my 327 super stock engine at 8000 rpm and on a good pass with good air will see 9000 at the stripe. that's 130+ MPH with a 6.17 rear gear and a 101.5 roll out radial tire. I would guess that a top of the line engine could be even higher rpm. My heads are factory 041 castings 1.94/1.5 valves 165 CC intake and 65 CC exhaust volume. They are oval port and exhaust are raised D port configuration. The cam I have is a 50mm core with .445 lobe w/ 1.8 intake rockers. I run the Manley Nextec triples @ 350 seat
What do the valves weigh?

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
The extra lift is only adding time, not airflow.

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Gotta be something to that port shape lol every guy at the car show cruise in basically has stock heads and bottom of the page cam with 20 deg more than it should have, all claiming 500+ hp lol none run anywhere close to stockers ?
LOL...OK. ;)

·
Long Live The King
98,276 Posts
unreal , that is magic . cam must look pretty squarish lol
Early on in the EMC competition with a solid lift cam rule, Danny Crower and I were going to do a “cut nose” cam profile Bruce had suggested.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts