Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shouldn't post this, but I did it and it's mine to share.

Scanned image of a 172cc Super Stock port. Edelbrock casting. Fully reworked. The thing that get's me going is the SSR. Notice it...

These engines are 355-358cid. They make 530-550tq and 660-680hp depending on combo and year.

This port has a 1.60in² MIN.. 2.02 valve.

The engines alone are example of efficiency.

·
Registered
25,076 Posts
I shouldn't post this, but I did it and it's mine to share.

Scanned image of a 172cc Super Stock port. Edelbrock casting. Fully reworked. The thing that get's me going is the SSR. Notice it...

These engines are 355-358cid. They make 530-550tq and 660-680hp depending on combo and year.

This port has a 1.60in² MIN.. 2.02 valve.

The engines alone are example of efficiency.

Stock and true Super Stock guys are unbelievable. I ran SS Modified. And was just barely respectable. I’ll be honest, never had the brains to run either.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I saw some SS Hemi heads like 14 years ago. Was amazed then how much the port had been moved with bronze filler. Can't image what there doing today. Head technology is amazing today. Good job to those still get'n after it. Today I'm mostly involved with blower engine. Much different deal. But still love the naturally aspirated engine stuff.

·
Registered
405 Posts
very nice ! did those start out as basic performer heads 1.85 sq" ? if it wasn't science that would be magic . what comp. did you get with those to make the tq/hp you posted ?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw some SS Hemi heads like 14 years ago. Was amazed then how much the port had been moved with bronze filler. Can't image what there doing today. Head technology is amazing today. Good job to those still get'n after it. Today I'm mostly involved with blower engine. Much different deal. But still love the naturally aspirated engine stuff.
Still braze the iron heads. But it's a nightmare when done. Things move around.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice ! did those start out as basic performer heads 1.85 sq" ? if it wasn't science that would be magic . what comp. did you get with those to make the tq/hp you posted ?
Yes RPM head that cost more and has a NHRA logo on it. Most are 10-1 and some of the LT combos are closer to 11-1.

·
Registered
25,076 Posts
My factory 041 super stock heads look just like that. Oval port with lots of epoxy in the bottom. Exhaust is brazed up to make a raised D port. Mine are 165 cc intake 65 cc exhaust. Mine is a 327 combo and makes about 600. My stuff is a little old school though.
Chads work is beautiful.
600 hp out of that combo, impressive.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
My factory 041 super stock heads look just like that. Oval port with lots of epoxy in the bottom. Exhaust is brazed up to make a raised D port. Mine are 165 cc intake 65 cc exhaust. Mine is a 327 combo and makes about 600. My stuff is a little old school though.
Chads work is beautiful.
What’s old school about your stuff?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts