Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
38,995 Posts
I'm still pursuing pork chop perfection. I'm continuing to the pan sear in the cast iron, and finish in the oven. Tonight I cooked some broccolini in the leftover fat mixture with some S&P, garlic, red pepper flakes, and walnuts. Very tasty.

If that's your portion size I'd starve to death living with you!...lol

·
Former RJ instigator
38,995 Posts
I finally broke out my new fish fryer this past weekend, fried up some chicken wings, cheddar peppers, fries and a few butterflied shrimp.

Some of the wings accidentally fell in some hot wing sauce. :cool:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If that's your portion size I'd starve to death living with you!...lol
That was the GF's portion.

We almost always cook a single steak, chop, etc these days. I will typically clean my plate regardless of how much food is on it, so a little prevention goes a long way. I prefer to cook one large cut vs two smaller cuts anyway. Allows me to build a better crust without overcooking.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I finally broke out my new fish fryer this past weekend, fried up some chicken wings, cheddar peppers, fries and a few butterflied shrimp.

Some of the wings accidentally fell in some hot wing sauce. :cool:

I've never owned a fryer, which is probably good thing. I will be trying a bird on Thursday though.

·
Former RJ instigator
38,995 Posts
That was the GF's portion.

We almost always cook a single steak, chop, etc these days. I will typically clean my plate regardless of how much food is on it, so a little prevention goes a long way. I prefer to cook one large cut vs two smaller cuts anyway. Allows me to build a better crust without overcooking.
I was taught to clean my plate no matter what or how much was on it, besides, there's people starving in China right? :)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Any of you ever do smoked chops? The pink ones like the Amish do? Been looking for a recipe for those.
I haven't got around to smoking any yet, it's on my list, I usually just buy them from the local butcher, freakin awesome, only way I'll eat pork chops anymore...

·
Registered
821 Posts
I made some in the air fryer a couple nights ago. I was skeptical (we mostly just use our air fryer for items that you would normally put in oil) but had heard of people doing it so I gave it a try. They were pretty darn good & me on the cut of chop was sure to blame for any shortcoming. Give it a try if you have an air fryer! Lorne

·
Board certified
18,097 Posts
I made some in the air fryer a couple nights ago. I was skeptical (we mostly just use our air fryer for items that you would normally put in oil) but had heard of people doing it so I gave it a try. They were pretty darn good & me on the cut of chop was sure to blame for any shortcoming. Give it a try if you have an air fryer! Lorne

Do them all the time in my air fryer......make my own dry coating, work in progress on finding exactly what I’m looking for.....right now I use a mixture of flour, ital. bread crumbs, touch of old bay and some Cajun seasoning......use the same mixture on chicken thighs in air fryer....

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do them all the time in my air fryer......make my own dry coating, work in progress on finding exactly what I’m looking for.....right now I use a mixture of flour, ital. bread crumbs, touch of old bay and some Cajun seasoning......use the same mixture on chicken thighs in air fryer....
Old Bay cut with chile powder makes a great pork chop rub

·
Registered
11,160 Posts
So you're a fry cook too? Cool welcome to the club.

For something a little different Skip the flour and just go in the air fryer with the Cajun rub and spices on the chop and cook on high heat.....fresh squeeze of lemon on it after it comes out and while it's resting.

Drag the air fryer outside for this one, smokes up the room pretty good if you don't.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts