• No

Votes: 202 81.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go to do a burnout.... do you spin the tires in the water, or do you just pull through.

·
from across the pond...
6,930 Posts
Pull through till you just come out. You don't want to spin the tires in the water because you will sling water into the fenderwells and it will drip back onto your tires at the starting line.
x2.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
x3

·
Registered
968 Posts
X4
pull through, hit the line lock and warm 'em up :rolleyes:

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Depends on how long the water box is.... if its real small, i may just blip the throttle. If its long, then def not.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Pull through till you just come out. You don't want to spin the tires in the water because you will sling water into the fenderwells and it will drip back onto your tires at the starting line. I totally agree.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
See it all the time on pinks and passtime,sitting in the water and starting a big hairy John Force burnout.!! LOL

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Voted yes... Because the track I run the most has a trough about 8-10" wide for the water... I just turn them enough to get em wet.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
If it is one you drive through I don't. If I back into it I might goose it to turn the tires over once or twice. I always do the actual burnout out of the box

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it is one you drive through I don't. If I back into it I might goose it to turn the tires over once or twice. I always do the actual burnout out of the box
Actually that is what I am talking about.....I pull to the edge of the box AFTER I spin the tires over to get them wet. I should of made that point clear when I made the thread....oops!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Our track you have to pull around a wall and then back in a trough. I usually give it one little stab coming back out. If you don't it will want to pull to one side when you start the burnout.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,397 Posts
...I pull to the edge of the box AFTER I spin the tires over to get them wet.

So your telling us that you started a thread to tell us that you sling water into your wheel wells and carry it up to the starting line with you....

I never spin the tires in the water, if it's not wet enough either i get the wife to add more water, or i motion the track personel to add more water. I drive through and stop at the edge.

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So your telling us that you started a thread to tell us that you sling water into your wheel wells and carry it up to the starting line with you....

I never spin the tires in the water, if it's not wet enough either i get the wife to add more water, or i motion the track personel to add more water. I drive through and stop at the edge.
Yeah I guess I do....I guess I need to tell the 6 time track champion and last year's Sportsman NATIONAL champion to quit doing it wrong....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts