·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,505 Posts
WELCOME TO THE CLUB :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been there done that, but mine was driving down the road.... almost took out a few cars...
That would suck. Two years ago, a friend of mine was racing at Cedar Falls Raceway and the driveshaft in his opponent's car let loose. My friend was about 200 feet behind him and the driveshaft came out from under the guy's car and hit the front of my friend's car.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I guess i better knock on would ...i never had any driveline carnage....i have burnt up head gaskets and broke a block

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Hopefully nothing was injured but pride and iron parts, I hate to see things like that happen, but have to admit, that photo catching it happen is very cool...those kinda captures dont happen typically for us small potatoe guys.

If it makes ya feel better, in the past 12yrs of racing, I've seen THAT EXACT carniage more times than I can count on both hands. Usually stock carriers the owner knew was the weakest link, and then this happens;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully nothing was injured but pride and iron parts, I hate to see things like that happen, but have to admit, that photo catching it happen is very cool...those kinda captures dont happen typically for us small potatoe guys.

If it makes ya feel better, in the past 12yrs of racing, I've seen THAT EXACT carniage more times than I can count on both hands. Usually stock carriers the owner knew was the weakest link, and then this happens;)
Exactly! I knew my carrier was on borrowed time. It didn't owe me anything though. Stock carrier with 31-spline axles lasted 4 years behind nearly 1000 horsepower.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
I know how it feels to have the transmission come out looking like that....mine was from a broken u joint 2 weeks prior though. :(

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
That would suck. Two years ago, a friend of mine was racing at Cedar Falls Raceway and the driveshaft in his opponent's car let loose. My friend was about 200 feet behind him and the driveshaft came out from under the guy's car and hit the front of my friend's car.
OUCH.... it did suck when the trans fluid got under the tires i changed lanes...the bad part was i was impatient and had to pass the old lady in front of me...don't know why everything broke, but lesson learned...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OUCH.... it did suck when the trans fluid got under the tires i changed lanes...the bad part was i was impatient and had to pass the old lady in front of me...don't know why everything broke, but lesson learned...
The stupid part is I left off the foot brake when it all broke. Wasn't even using the trans-brake.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts